1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is it possible to play final fantasy 9 on hacked psp?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kenny6457, Dec 23, 2010.

1. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would imagine so. The question is mostly whether or not the PSP can play PSX games that span multiple discs.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There's a way, but I have not fiddled with it since it's a pain in the arse.

4. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I have played PSX games on my psp with multiple discs like XenoGears. I didn't encounter any problem with transferring the save files. You get to save before changing the disc anyway.

I don't get why FF IX is special. Did I miss something?

5. rell

rell Well-Known Member

yes you can. And once you get to the next disk, it will let you save before doing so. Just download the next disk slap it on and have fun.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can have "multi boot" psx game eboot files, in the psp emu screen while playing you can use the "swap disc" function, since in the psn store you can actually buy this game...or make it yourself.

There is a program that allows this for hacked models wanting to run self made eboot games, I...just cant remember the name.

Also, this doesnt work with any game, only games which allows disc swapping (so no mixing crash bash with mortal kombat y'all XD)

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes you can. it is one of the games i play on my psp, aswell as ff7 an metal gear solid (all have multiple discs)

8. kenny6457

FF IX is one of the only games in the FF series that allow you to learn abilities from equipment and blue mages are awsome

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

FFIX was one of the last great FF games. Everything after it has strayed away from everything that makes a classic RPG. Even FFX got rid of the world map to explore.

And yes, FFIX can be played on the PSP. You will want the Popsloader plugin and use PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to create a Multi-disc eboot. If you use too early of a version of pops, you will not have the "change disc" option when pressing the "Home" button on your PSP. But with Popsloader you can choose what versions of pops to use. I found that later versions had sound issues during the FMVs (most notably the first FMV). I would play on an earlier version of pops and then when I wanted to change discs, just switch to a later version, switch, and then continue playing with the earlier pops version.

I copied my original FFIX discs I had. Created a multi-disc eboot using PSX2PSP 1.4.2, and played them on my PSP 1000 with 5.00 M33-6.

http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List#F

10. kenny6457

er explain in a way an idiot can understand(me)

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Create a copy of your FFIX discs using IMGBurn (or find a place to download them).

Download PSX2PSP 1.4.2
    http://dl.qj.net/psp/tools-utilities-on-pc/psx2psp-v142.html

Download the base.pbp file (required for PSX2PSP to run).
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zs49sjemn3v

Place base.pbp into the Files folder in the PSX2PSP directory.

Run PSX2PSP
    Under the ISO/PBP File menu choose the four discs in order. File 1 = disc 1, etc.
    It will automatically fill in the name and GameID/SaveID.

Choose the Output Folder. Any folder will do, this is where it will save the Eboot.pbp file.

Press Convert

Wait

Finished file is roughly 1.8GB big. So make sure you have some free space.

12. kenny6457

crap i dont have 1.8GB left on my card....

13. rell

rell Well-Known Member

lolololol I choked when I read that you almost made me die T_T