1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to change the language of a game?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by memoy00, Oct 3, 2009.

1. memoy00

memoy00 Member

Sirs please help me, I'm having problems with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate and Final Fantasy 4, I downloaded the US and Europe version but i got the same results, both games are in Spanish, is there an English version?or is it possible to change it into English?

2. Vainone

Vainone Well-Known Member

Both games should be natively in english, especially the USA version.

did you download them from romulation ?

If not, then do so.

3. memoy00

memoy00 Member

yes it is from romulation

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.What card are you using?

2.Is this being played on a dsi by any chance?

5. memoy00

memoy00 Member

no sir, I'm playing it on an emulator..can i post screen shots?

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

The Emulator sometimes doesn't detect the correct language of a video game, so it doesn't always keep it in English.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the common issues thread explains how to correct the emulator language.

8. memoy00

memoy00 Member

where can i see that thread?

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

At the top of the Tech Help board.

10. memoy00

memoy00 Member

sirs these are the given info but i don't know how to follow it, i'm so sorry i'm a complete noob when it comes to NDS..

EMULATORS: If emulators such as no$gba, it's because by default, the BIOS firmware language isn't set as English. If multilanguage etc., it automatically sets the language accordingly to your firmware language. Try this method. Get any NDS ROM. And then change your settings so you load the BIOS (GBA BIOS in settings), and then save settings and reset. And then while you're in the DS firmware, go to settings and change the language to English. Save the DS settings, change back to load cartridge directly and then save no$gba's settings. And then load the game. Should work. Otherwise, simply download English DS firmware and have the files in the same directory of no$gba etc.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'll help when my NoCash starts working.

12. memoy00

memoy00 Member

sirs these are my screen shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Dude-this doesn't help.

Locate the emulator settings and locate the language settings.

Then in the ds firmware change it to english.

(That last part i have no clue on how to do-but the emulator settings should be easy-open the program-and locate the settings-it's not in the files you listed)

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Sorry, I still don't know. I haven't used No$ for a while. Whenever I try to do the instructions, it says rom image crashed, and I have to re-download No$. Maybe download the newest NDS/GBA Bios and try to change the language from it?

15. memoy00

memoy00 Member

sir i really have no idea how to locate the settings..you see sir there isn't any settings menu on the emulator just the utility and options menu(emulation set-up,control set-up)

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The Emulation Setup and Control Setup are the settings. You particularly should be looking in Emulation Setup, where the option to load the BIOS is. Then follow the rest of my solution.

17. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

As far as I know the firmware.bin also changes the languange for some games.
    Try to remove it to another folder (don't delete it you may need it for some games)

18. memoy00

memoy00 Member

thank you sir, but i still have a problem i don't know how to save the settings because after i change the language to english the emulator must shut down. what should i do sir?

19. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try using the "Reset Cartridge" option in the File menu.

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

g@l, not if you don't have it. It's built-in. Yes, you must reset ^that way, don't know of a real solution to hard-modify the BIOS.