1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is it ok for me to sell on here? 1 genesis/segacd with games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fallenleader, Jul 31, 2008.

1. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

I didnt list anywhere yet, especially because im afraid of ebay. But it is a working genesis, sega cd, and a lot of games. It has like 5 controllers, all work. am still testing and cleaning cartridges because as with all, they develop debris and stop working well. this debris needs cleaned off. "provided i remember how the old NES and 64 carts work, far as the whole aging process and the 'blowing' trick"

i digress. Is it ok for me to sell this via paypal on here, it is a more comfortable community. ???

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes its fine, however you will need to provide full details of what is being sold, where you're willing to post to etc. I also suggest you write your username in big letters on a bit of paper and put it with the stuff so its easily readable in a photograph, as that will prove you really have the items to sell.

Now for the legal bit: This is nothing to do with RomUlation, it is entirely between the seller and the interested party, RomUlation has no involvement or liability for anything going wrong.

3. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

well, i know its seller and buyer, and paypal plays a part if there any problems. buying from individuals is a trust basis. i have good ratings and am willing to post whe locations, such as the forum for my car.
    it may be sold outright and it will all be photographed and deemed working, a refund would be given if it didnt work "problem being getting ripped" and the service used would handle any damage, with a refund.

now the only problem is games. I may supply games that work on console. If someone contacts me via e-mail or private message i will describe what games im selling. The games WILL be agreed upon before sale and i'm honest about what i'm providing. "like anyone would believe a stranger" ;D anyway, its selling for a friend who gave me the system, im giving the money to him minus shipping cost. He is older and doesnt see as well anymore so doesnt use it. plus he didnt like the cd games he got.

anyway, thanks. and my e-mail is [email protected] ITs my paypal account e-mail as well.
    Any information desired will be provided, photos will come as soon as i'm done testing. I won't sell ANYTHING that doesnt work. I will kill people who rip me off... so i feel the same about doing it to others.
    Don't do unto others... you know.

4. Loonylion

also you need to mention what country this is from, and more importantly whether it is PAL, NTSC, or heaven forbid, SECAM.

5. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

AMERICA!! the poorest country in world ;) ntsc. everything will be ntsc.

6. Loonylion

shame, if it had been pal I would have been interested, but NTSC isnt any good to me. Oh well.

7. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

:( sorry, it wont be for sale for a bit anyway, got to get the games together. and test.

Just wanted permission.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting, post some pictures. My friend may contact you :)

9. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

:D glad so interested, give me some time though, just got the power adapter for the seg.cd.

anyway pm me for information about games. i'll post some of the ones i have right now.

10. Loonylion

I suggest you create a new thread in the gaming lounge for the actual 'sale'

11. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Afraid of Ebay?
    Why?
    You realise that you don't send the item untill you recieve payment right?

If you're worried about the price you'll get,
    you can set a reserve...
    Mega CD's with a few games tend to fetch a good price on eBay anyway...

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible should you get a lousy price

12. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

around $50 is my expectation. and afraid of ebay because im nervous.. so much going on.

I've only made 1 online sale before, person to person, a car part. Have bought a few things from individuals and tons from amazon and some from ebay. me boxing and shipping makes me nervous, and just dealing with people in general. :)

Edit:

genesis games "a lot are sports" are here:
    sonic the hedgehog
    zombies ate my neighbors
    hardball3
    arnold plamer tournament golf
    mutant league football
    evander holyfield's boxing
    crueball
    bulls vs lakers nba playoffs
    fifa international soccer
    sonic 2
    nhl96
    zero tolerance

will retest all of these, im not in a hurry to sell, am a good seller. just nervous around people. :) want to do good job.

EditEdit: Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible should you get a lousy price ...im coming after you first. ;) then RomU. I will get a good price, it was going to get tossed because he doesnt play much anymore, wii and ps2. glaucoma really kills your desire to stare at a screen. "and he dont sell online, doesnt know how"

13. Loonylion

zombies ate my neighbours is a classic that was also released on SNES. Awesome game.

14. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

OK, In that case, I'd make Ebay a last resort...
    Retro Sport games don't sell too well...
    And everybody who's anybody already has Sonic and Sonic 2 =D

I second Loony though...
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours is immense...

15. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

yeah i know, sports games are bleh. zombies looked cool when i tested it.