1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is gaming and the Internet the most important thing of a teenagers life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david23, Jun 26, 2008.

1. david23

david23 Well-Known Member

Well just thought i might bring this up since i don't think anyone has made such a topic.

I have one simple question could anyone of you guys live without games or internet for one year and are you guys really going to stop playing when your'e old well i don't know since I aint such a gaming and Internet freak so please give me some good answers.

2. I've lived without internet, but video games all together...I dont think I could

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It's very much doable, technology is just a nice, appreciated luxury.

4. Soulation

Soulation Member

Study, not games and Internet

5. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

hahahahaha!

wait, you mean it seriously?

>_> no way. My DS is practically an extension of my body at this point.

A year without gaming? I REALLY don't htink I could do it, unless I had a massive pile of 900 page books, and a new hobby to suck up all my time.

In all seriousness, unless I somehow end up a bum on the street (a fate I hope to avoid at all costs), I plan to be a hardcore gamer till I die.

...ok, so when I finally manage to find a girl I like thats NOT taken, and I get into a serious relationship some point down the road, then maybe I won't game half as much as I do now, but still... Being able to freely dive into other worlds is somehting that's almost essential for me now. :p This world is so full of crap, so I really need to live in other worlds a bit too.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I could live without video games and internet. If there was no existence of them, I easily could. But I like videogames and the internet, so let's keep it at that :p

7. batuman

batuman Member

I love gaming and internet!
    But that isn't my life......but it is part of it
    I still could live without it but just i will feel more boring without gaming and internet!
    So I will still stick to it ;)

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Yes, this might be true.. a teenager can only find fun in games and on the internet.

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I dont need the internet, but i cant stop gaming, i can stop video gaming, but i cant stop playing game (board games, card games and so), since it is the only thing that keep me sane all this year.

10. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Reading keeps me sane, gaming keeps me relaxed. Oh there's one other important thing: the other sex :).

11. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Well when I was in high school I probably could have gone without both, I was grounded from them half of the time anyways it seemed. Now in college I could go a whole year without video games (I go several months at a time without even feeling like gaming sometimes), but now I can't go without internet as it is expected for my classes (I'm really getting sick of my physics class I'm in now of having homework due at 11 A.M. on Saturdays, we only meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays for crying out loud).

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I did physics to A-level so if you get stuck you could always PM me. I might not be able to help since it was 3 years ago, but I might remember.

13. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, although I think I'm set. This semester is electromagnetism, and one of my roomates is an electrical engineer major that's a year ahead of me and makes good grades.