1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is edge the same as R4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lGoRel, Dec 19, 2008.

1. lGoRel

lGoRel New Member

Hi guys/gals,

I have ds edge and want to put some ds roms on it for my sons ds, but the only tutorials I can find are for R4. I'm new to this so was just wondering, would it be the same process using edge as it would R4? Are they the same thing? I have no idea.

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, i've searched high and low but can't find a clear answer,

Thanks,

Gore

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

They both perform the same basic function, and basic operation is the same; however they are made by different manufacturers. The edge is newer and has better compatibility than the R4 (which is no longer supported by its manufacturer) and I believe edge also has features the R4 lacks.

3. bluelions

bluelions New Member

Hey

I dont now if this the right post but i have a question

I wanna buy a flash card but i dont now witch 1
    can some whan say me witch is the best?

ps: sry for bad english i'm dutch :s

4. lGoRel

lGoRel New Member

Thanks for you're reply, thats clearer now :)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Please don't hijack other people's topics in future. To answer your question, either the CycloDS Evolution, EGDE or Acecart 2.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The EDGE is mostly labelled as a Cyclo DS clone, since it copies some features etc. Yes it would be the same process, they mostly all do for installing firmware etc.

7. traviscamos

traviscamos Well-Known Member

I use a edge card and I think its great. I think the setup looks better than an R4 and i have heard that edge is less likely to freeze than a R4 or TTDS. I guess they are the same thing, they both play the games. Hope I helped.