1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is downloading from different computer allowed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *theleefamily*, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Hi. I am new to this site, and I am new to downloading games in general, so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section.

I signed up yesterday and have been downloading games from my home computer which is on dial up. Obviously the games take forever to download. I am going to my sisters house tomorrow and am planning on logging on from her computer (which has fast speed broadband) to download some of the larger DS games. Before I do this, I just wanted to make sure that I am allowed to log on with my username from my sisters computer. Or do I need to create a separate account to use when I am at my sisters house?

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but although I am only a new member, this looks like a fantastic and helpful community, so I want to make sure I start off doing the right things.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help :)

2. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Nope, you're good to use your account on any computer as long as you don't make multiple account or share the download links.

3. thank you so much Mikiie for the super fast reply. That's great that I can use my account from any computer.... as my sisters computer is soooooooo much faster than mine.

thanks again

4. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Yep that's fine, any time.
    I download roms on my mates computers when we get together ;)

5. since you have answered my original question, can i ask another question here in this topic? or should i start a new topic for a new question?

I am searching through the forums right now, but I am looking for a forum that people can ask for suggestions of games.... for eg I am after some suggestions of games suitable for 4yr old girl and 6 yr old boy. Is there a forum for that kind of question?

6. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Erm, I guess you could make a new thread in the gaming lounge, or just ask in the spam thread.

7. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

try this topics
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=4833.0

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=25676.0

8. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Ah, I knew we had some of those lurking around.
    I recommend the second one, it's categorised, making it easier to find the games you want.

9. thank you both. i will definately check them two topics out and head over to the gaming lounge if i don't find what i need. thanks again

10. sorcees

sorcees Member

this is a internet based account so you can access it always everywhere, and so it is supposed to be