1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is burning an ISO the same as an IMG

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zerolifefrink, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerolifefrink

zerolifefrink New Member

I downloaded an .iso of Marvel vs Capcom then i burned it onto CDR and played it on my PS2 via disc swapping and soft modding. It works perfect. I downloaded Mortal Kombat Trilogy from this site, romulation. The file was a .rar file. I managed to extract from the downloaded file and burn an .img file to CDR, played the game using swap trick but there is no music in the game. Did I miss something in the downloading of the file or extraction of the file or burning of the file. There are these two other files on the main folder with .ccd and .sub in the name. Is there something wrong with this particular download or did I make a mistake? Why can't I just download .iso files from this site? Anyone? ???

2. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

well im not the guy that should be answering but i havnt noticed any difference between iso and img so idunno

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Then don't answer-because your wasting time.

I learnt from experience that-while sometimes an img file can work the same as the iso...it can have some problems.

One tip-any other files with the img MUST be in the same directory before burning so any audio can be saved.

HOWEVER-some games done as img files can't retain audio-example-resident evil survivor.

I downloaded a copy from another site-and one from here (mdf/mds and an img version) and nethier retain certain audio parts (monsters make noise-music plays-but when the main characters speak in cut scenes nothing is heard) so I tried a copy I had obtained...

As iso-with .cue file-I managed to make a perfect copy.

So depending on the game-9/10 times the img can retain original cd sound provided the other files (.ccd etc) are also in the exact same place.

Only resident evil survivor and mortal kombat trilogy have these issues in img format from experience.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if there is a .cue burn that instead, it will find the .img and burn it using the layout specified in the .cue file.

5. zerolifefrink

zerolifefrink New Member

Does the .cue file need to be burned using DVD Decrypter or can any other program be used like maybe Nero?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Any would do-but try a program called "img burn".

It works best for most game based media-I use it for ripping and burning ps2 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.