1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Applied Level Courses in High School for idiots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garychencool, Dec 6, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Is Applied Level Courses in High School for idiots, bad people, people that are not fit for high school or any of that crap? That's what my mom said.

EDIT: Followed by a Math Tutor which is a friend of my moms. This is specifically for "Math"
    She also said that all I need is a tutor (which I will get in Thursday) and I also need to work harder.
    I got 39% on my first Term mark (damnmmmm) so my Guidance Counsouler and Teacher "recommends" me to go to Applied.

What is funny is that I am in Applied French and no one there is stupid, handicapped or is not fit for high school. Are they falling behind? No-ish, there is less stuff to do (AWESOME) French is my only current applied course.

2. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

No, Gary. That's stereotyping, your mother isn't being too nice.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

'applied' generally means less theory and more actual 'doing'.

4. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

applied is for people who dont fit in mainstrean education and have fallen behind their peers, whether that be for a handicap, bad behavior or truanting.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your high school's "Applied level Courses" is probably a more PC attempt at saying Remedial Courses.

6. garychencool

EDIT: Followed by a Math Tutor which is a friend of my moms. This is specifically for "Math"
    She also said that all I need is a tutor (which I will get in Thursday) and I also need to work harder.
    I got 39% on my first Term mark (damnmmmm) so my Guidance Counsouler and Teacher "recommends" me to go to Applied.

What is funny is that I am in Applied French and no one there is stupid, handicapped or is not fit for high school. Are they falling behind? No-ish, there is less stuff to do (AWESOME) French is my only current applied course.

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Then yeah it is for idiots and anybody who does one is stupid, handicapped or unfit for high school

8. garychencool

I think that's for LDCC which is Grade 6 level stuff which is all super easy stuff.

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

We called the kids that were thrown into the applied level classes the "spec ed" kids so yeah, not necessarily a good thing.

10. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

May I ask what grade are you in? Also, what the fuck are you doing to get a 39% on a test?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I was a special ed kid and I was disappointed about getting 95% in an exam. Fucking ruined my 3 weeks straight of 100%. I was in a class of about 50 'normal' people.

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Son, I am disappoint. Take your failures and get out of my house.