1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is anyone familiar with this story?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Jan 9, 2010.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

I got this from a forum discussing unconditional love and whatnot, and was hoping that if any of you guys are familiar with this story. I would very much like to read the original version..please help.

This is an improvised version...woot!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=hYpNoS]tears up[/me]

...I was moved...I wish I had a companion like this :(

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I did a simple Google search of some key terms.

http://flyffboards.levelupgames.ph/index.php?showtopic=163243

I doubt this is the origin of the story, but it has some other examples as well.

A beautiful story, and it illustrates that people can be callous, but they can also still be moved to do the right thing.
    Animals work on instinct, humans on free will. Yet the animals choose who they care for as much as we do.

4. rocklee823

rocklee823 Well-Known Member

In the lawyers speech he says dogs wait patiently, but the old man's dog wandered off. Why is unconditional love so desirable? It's founded on the dog's ignorance and peoples desperate need for attention even if there is no real emotional value because the doesn't understand such feelings or the situation it's life is based on at all.

5. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

Moving story.

6. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this story. Don't read if you're half a sap, because you'll probably cry, like I did. T^T

[​IMG]

7. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

never heard of this story, but it really touch me...

8. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

wait i..i..got to cry

9. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Ah. I really enjoyed the story of ugly cat. Good to read it again.

10. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

;_; Both stories. Dammit.
    To be fair if anyone ever hurt my dog I would actively seek vengeance. God I would tear that guy apart with meat hooks ;_; And that poor kitty.

The cat story reminds me of a kitten I semi-rescued a few months ago. A little black kitten was wandering the streets trying to get people to take it home or give it attention and he happened to stay outside my house longer than the others. I went outside scooped him up and took him home for a bit. I gave him water and some tinned sardines...and put down newspaper just in case. I let him sleep on my bed and he kept snuggling into me and rubbing his head on me <3 <3 Sadly my dad made me put him back outside...but he did call the PDSA which was good I guess. It was worth it to make the little guy so happy even if only a few hours though; he was so malnourished :mad: