1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Irregular question, not another lame pokemon one

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Spie, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Spie

Spie Member

IT IS irregular, just read it.
    Okay, it'll sound a bit complicated because it's none of the "pokemonz dont work" thread, I'm looking for an explanation for how it happened.
    So, here's the story :
    I got my Pokemon Platinum, on my Supercard SDHC on save slot 1. Everything fine. A few days ago my SoulSilver turned out to be a complete *bad word here*. Save got deleted in SS.
    Today, I restart my SS on save slot 0. Which sould be POKE~3.sav or something similiar because I have 3 Pokemon games on my card (Platinum, SoulSilver, and Explorers of Sky, which shouldn't effect anything at all)
    But for some reason, it overwritten my Pokemon Platinum.1.sav file.

I've probably didn't explain it good. AGAIN, It's not another pokemon thread of an *insert out of date flashcart here* / *insert guy who thinks companies are losers* / *just insert a generic HG/SS problem, you've probably seen a lot of them already*.
    Also, sorry if it broke the rule. Because this is a rather irregular question. Couldn't find anything at Google.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be writing over the save files of your other games. They should all have their unique save names.

Does it really make them POKE~3.sav? That seems odd, if it did that for every PokemonXXXXXXXXXX.nds game, then every game would have a Poke~X.sav, meaning it will write them over...

If that is the case (seems pretty weird though) then maybe you should shorten up all your Pokemon games to like:
    PPL.NDS
    PSS.NDS
    PHG.NDS
    PES.NDS
    etc.

Your save files should be created like this:
    Pokemon Platinum.NDS
    Pokemon Platinum.1.sav

Pokemon SoulSilver.NDS
    Pokemon SoulSilver.1.sav

(I'm assuming that .1.sav, .2.sav, etc, is how the Supercard stores the save file slots?)

3. Spie

Spie Member

Supercard uses 4 saves, slot 0 uses that shortened name, while the 3 other (1-3) use *ROM NAME*.*SAVE SLOT.sav
    I know, but it just happened randomly. I'm quite sure SS is faulty, Platinum never did that thing on me. And that's the weird part, why SoulSilver replaced my Platinum save, even that it's a different game and a different save slot.