1. This forum is in read-only mode.

IRC Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by zerozangel, Jun 1, 2007.

1. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Heres a noob tutorial on how to set up irc using mirc.

Step One: Download mirc http://www.mirc.com/get.html and choose the appropriate download link.

Step Two: Install mirc like how you install any program.

Step Three: Open up mirc and press continue a start up screen should show up if it does not press the folder and the toolbox at the top taskbar.
    [​IMG]

Step Four: A menu should pop up looking like this enter in your info name, email address and the nickname you want for people to see.

[​IMG]
    Step Five: Click "Servers" on the left hand side under the "Connect".

Step Six: Under Irc Network scroll down and look for "Imperium" under the Irc Server it should automatically be "Imperium Random Server" if not change it.

[​IMG]

Step Seven: Now go to the options settings and have Connect on Start up checked off and than click perform.

[​IMG]

Step Eight: In the Perform option screen have enable perform on connect checked. and in the big space there put in /join "#RomUlation" without the quotations of course.

[​IMG]

Step Nine: Press ok to get out of the perform screen than press ok once again and at the home screen press the lighting bolt.

[​IMG]

There you have it your connected if you need any help just post in this thread and i'll try and help you im sure the other members will also help you out

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Excellent!

3. b00bage

b00bage Member

yes great little tutorial =)

4. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

thank you =D

5. FantomRedux

FantomRedux Well-Known Member

anyone got a mirc serial for me? ChatZilla is pissing me off...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

dont ask for warez on this forum; you dont need a serial anyway

7. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Are there any IRC programs that are actually free?

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

mIRC is 100% free, it will continue to work fine when the 30 day trial has expired.

9. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Ah, okay.

10. miniafroboy

miniafroboy Well-Known Member

Old thread revival! Anyway, why won't irc work for me. 'Connection times out'

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Maybe you got the server name wrong or it's your internet connection. Granted there's always mibbit if you have trouble which is much easier to use than mIRC (but I prefer mIRC more than anything else tbh).

Also, JESUS THIS WAS A LONG TIME AGO, I NEVER KNEW RAINIER WENT TO #ROMU

12. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member