1. This forum is in read-only mode.

IRC Chat Room?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LadyCrystal, Dec 5, 2006.

1. LadyCrystal

LadyCrystal Active Member

Have you guys ever thought of an IRC chat room?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We don't have a large enough forum active userbase to set up an IRC chatroom, we'd rather wait until it would be plausible than have a semi dead irc channel.

3. LadyCrystal

well I find some how an irc chat room like in a big server like irc.deltaanime.net it helps increase traffic on the site. Think about it, FServ for romulation~ I have a turbo speed internet connection and can host an fserv of some roms~

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We would also have to investigate what kind of impact running an IRC server would have on our server performance.

5. Seph

err server wouldn't be running an fserv, the roms are all in one directory, would be a mess. :p

6. LadyCrystal

ah ok, well can some of you at least get an instant messenger?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

lol, I have instant messenger, I just don't want the ID posted on the net. :)

8. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, msn and stuff...

Btw, a chat channel would be nice, but indeed the fanbase is too small atm. And indeed, don't run a romulation fserv. Ofcourse users can share :):)

9. Xerion

Xerion Active Member

Theres no need to host anything, you can find a server and simply add your own channel to their list. I've done it and it only takes about 1min to get it open. ^^

Also, sorry for the major bump. o.<;

10. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

If we do get an irc channel i wouldn't mind idling in it with like 4 irc clients =D

11. Xerion

Xerion Active Member

Haha! :D

12. Seph

We know how little it takes to start an IRC channel, we also know how much it requires to keep it running. :)

We don't really have the time to be very active in there just yet.

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Seph, when you finally do decide to jump into IRC, you should consider Imperium. Not to be an advertisment-whore, but it's where the GM crew and it's suburbs are at. I as well as atleast another Romulation user uses Imperium, and it's a pretty laid-back community there. Plus Imperium needs some new faces. :)

I think I've seen you in Imperium a couple times also? :-*