1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ips address tracking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ninchya, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ninchya

ninchya New Member

Does this site prevent ips address tracking? Or has anyone been tracked before? I was just wondering in case of emergency.
    ???

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Seph himself has said that what you download is logged. Expect your local authorities to come busting through your door with hard evidence of your crime any minute now.

3. ninchya

ninchya New Member

No seriously but it is funny

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

We don't know if anyone here has ever been caught because we'd never hear from them again.

But of course, we all buy the games we download, don't we? You have nothing to worry about.

5. ninchya

ninchya New Member

I just being causious like u guys said I don't want any authorities knocking down my lol but thanks for answering me

6. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

don't worry, it's not worth their time to track down every person who downloads a game.

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

They would need to hijack RomUlations servers and go through a ton of financially strenuous work to prove you downloaded Megaman fucking II.

So basically, no one cares enough to even try to do anything. You're in the clear.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Guys, please stop trying to rile up people. Void got it right, though, we do log downloads (how else would we use a point system based on your downloads?) but the logs are on our server and getting to those logs is a lot of work that's not very interesting for them. They'd really get nothing at all out of it.

If anyone is in danger of having anything happen to them it would be me.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Also if it comes down to it, an IP address is not conclusive evidence, no matter what you might hear. It's circumstantial at best.

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I know this might be stupid to ask, but i'll ask it anyway.

I heard about the busting for illegal downloads, but if we dont have a law in our country about illegal downloads, can the FBI go to our country and ask if i can be arrested for breaking their law? For example, if somebody hacked a site owned by a US citizen, and the hacker is from let say China, and China has no laws against hacking, can the FBI arrest that guy?

11. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

dunno

i have tonnes of illegal downloads

FBI never knocks my door though...

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no. You are subject to the laws of the country you are in. A foreign country can't enforce their laws on you without invading and taking over your country.

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Yeah me too... I think I'll slow down the downloading just a little... (but that means I'll never be able to fill up my MyBook external hard drive with useless crap, oh noes!)