1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ipod touch vs. nintendo ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshrocks309, Oct 12, 2009.

1. joshrocks309

joshrocks309 Well-Known Member

ok so heres the thing....i was told that i am getting an ipod touch 8gb 3rd generation for christmas..my dad tells me my gifts so it will drive me nuts for 2 months..but anyways...my dad said if i get one i should give my ds to my little neighbor...soooooo...i was actually thinking about doing it...i have grown out of all of these fantasy games and im into the the type that the ipod has...any thoughts if i should or not?

2. Yupario

Yupario Member

My friend is addicted to his Ipod touch, he has it all the time during school and such.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of the games that the Ipod touch offers. But eh, it's your choice.

I'd say stick with the ds for future releases that may be nice but the Ipod touch still has a lot of nice games on it.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

BAH!

2 different devices-I seen what the touch can do...

DS ALL THE WAY!

...but psp's once hacked...much more useful...

[me=mds64]plays original metal gear solid as well as super metroid on his when he's not here [/me]

:)

Waste of money-get the 120GB classic-more songs and doubles as an external hard drive-not so much games but hay-it is slightly cheaper this way.

Ipods are for music-not for games/phone useage (yup-don't like the iphone-but we shall save that debate for another time...)

4. joshrocks309

i think that the ipods are made for all that...i want something with gaming not just music

5. nomeansmaybe

nomeansmaybe New Member

I just had a look at the site for the apps, I realise it is early days but, most of em look like the type of thing you got with a game like Guinness World Records. Namely short and maybe addictive but with a short life span.
    Then I noticed that there are longer games like Assassins Creed. It seems that there are no buttons but instead you use the screen which makes buttons appear. Knowing how frustrated I get with some games i would feel like i am gonna break it at any moment.
    Anyway, in answer to your question, definitely keep your NDS cos Zelda isn't gonna come out on an Ipod.

6. Griswold77

Griswold77 Active Member

Quality of games, NDS all the way.

7. joshrocks309

see none of you understand i like music movies and games
    ds has games-but a little boring for me-movies-which all suck!!!-and music which is not why i have a dstt card.

ipod touch has-amazing gaming for a small device-movies-which have words that move with the picture-and a huge space for music

this is why i like the ipod touch

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But the games are just 'when your bored" kinda games-nothing long lasting.

That's why I got emulators on my ds acekard and...emulators on my psp XD

I got a nice 17inch laptop for everything else...like blueray movies :)

You might as well get the ipod touch...but I do warn you-it won't be long until you get bored-I tried some of the "good" games...

They remind me of mobile phone games-looks great but not much else...they don't last long ethier if your a hardcore player.
    Post Merge: [time]1255385840[/time]
    BTW-I carry all 3 with me when I'm out and about...

DSi-psp-ipod.

The batteries on all 3 don't last long enough so I tend to switch...that and short attention span...

Gran turismo psp first, music when I leave a train, and metal slug 7 for the road home :)

9. joshrocks309

ya see those are the kind of games i need....im a junior in highschool so i need games that wont completely take over my life!!!

i do need to focus more on my school work for my future medical career

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The iPod touch is a MUSIC PLAYER. Not a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.

11. joshrocks309

it still has game capabilities

12. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

You could play movies and music videos on your DS.

13. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Games on the Ipod Touch are equal to public Domain/Shareware on the PC. A Friend of mine got one. Chess, Bomberman and stuff like that. (nice...but far away from awesome titles the DS has - fits very well if you`re only a Casual Gamer - but even then....nahhh). Be aware that the Ipod is no match for a DS handheld and you WILL get bored, if you enjoyed a stylish GBA/DS-system earlier. On the other hand: sure...Movies,Pics & Music are nice things. But I don`t get it: like MDS64 said, a Laptop fulfills all your needs - or get yourself a portable DVD Player (around 30 euro here in Germany) if ya like to watch Movies. ;)

Apple Ipod is an overrated Hype in my opinion. I have my portable DVD- & MP3-Player (not even a Latop) to be just a happy Girl. (of course my GBA/NDS also :)) I never get bored even on my longest journey.

14. joshrocks309

the movies all suck

15. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

And the DS can play music. But do you use it for that?

16. joshrocks309

no i do not because i dont like the quality of the music..plus sometimes i dont have enough room for games and music

17. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I'd say keep your ds. And the touch. They both have gaming capabilities, but different types of games. DS is more for rpgs and full on games, iTouch is more for arcade and flash type games.

18. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Then you seem to have already made up your mind.

19. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

Why do you say all movies suck? Didn't you say you like movies? If you have your own DVD, you could convert them to dpg files and play them on your DS. Same thing with TV series, music videos, etc.

20. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

8 gb? Well, I guess you can fit some music on there, but uh, movies? Yeah, have fun with that. I have a 120gb iPod Classic, & I agree with the poster above that it's way more useful. 15 times as much storage is nothing to sneeze at when you're putting that against being able to play terrible casual games.

At least with the DS, you can carry several SD cards - the Touch is stuck at a gimpy 8gb forever. @_@ Waste. Of. Money. Hipster retards will buy anything though. lol