1. This forum is in read-only mode.

iPod/iPhone App for Romulation Forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by garychencool, Mar 17, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

There should really be iphone App for RomUlation! That would be really good (instead of using the browser in the iPhone). It's not a bad idea really. We can also get updated on ROMs , etc. This is just a suggestion but it could be a way for ROmUlation to gain a bit more money because RomU uses up $4000/month.
    So everyone: click on ads, donate, click on ads and buy the App! Unless your a pirate like most of us here that jailbreak their stuff!

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This will most likely never happen.

3. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

I don't get the point of this. Why should Romulation have an iPhone app?
    About the "updated" roms: Those roms are clean, Seph said, because there are different flashcarts, which need different fixes.
    About the "payment": I will also NEVER pay for roms. I will ONLY pay for hardware.

4. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Dead-end idea much? How many people actually have an iPhone? This thread is pointless.

5. ndsrapid

Indeed, most RomU members have got a nds to play games and a simple phone (gsm).
    Having a nds and an iPhone at the same time is a waste of money.

6. snebbers

He doesn't mean play on the iPhone, they mean to get updated of new releases etc.

7. ndsrapid

I know. Also, that's a risc for Romulation.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Apple would never approve the application, would have to be released to jail broken phones only.

9. snebbers

Not to mention the fact that Apple have been on a banning spree.

10. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Now an NDS based update app through wifi (even though it's wep), that would be interesting... (where are the devs?)

11. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Moan...
    Nevermind!
    I guess this was a waste of time. The idea came from "There is an App for that"

12. captain james

captain james Well-Known Member

I was just about to say that.
    but i like the idea

13. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

I've got an R4 clone which 'sort of' does this:
    http://www.r4i-sdhc.com

Has there own server (never used) which they have recent ROMS and an option of usiing wifi to download it onto a computer.