1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ipad 2

Discussion in 'General News' started by yomo222, Mar 2, 2011.

1. yomo222

yomo222 Well-Known Member

The Ipad 2 is being released on March 11th!!!!!!!! Should I get it or the Xoom?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

get a HP slate or wait for the HP webos tablet.

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

it got release today didn't it?

4. yomo222

No they announced the specs and the release date today

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

my bad.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money! Do what loony said.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k.

8. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=gb&lang=en
    http://www.archos.com/products/tw/archos_9/index.html?country=gb&lang=en

I recommend looking at Archos' stuff instead of restrictive apple shit.

Also, why the fuck is this in World News?

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

This is why you NEVER buy brand new shit. They ALWAYS release a v2, a mini, a slim, or just an all out new frickin model.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Yeah, HOW DARE they try to fix bugs and or make the system better for us and charging us double the price of the old model!

11. doughboy

doughboy Guest

The iPad 3 is coming next month xD

12. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

<-- Proud owner of an Archos 9 tablet PC

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I have to add to my previous statement...

...unless you're Sony in which case, you have less functions with each new iteration.

14. yomo222

When loony says hp slate does he mean xoom?

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I like jailbreaking :3

Also, isn't the iPad a cheaper alternative to the other tablets? Also, why a tablet? It's essentially a gimped up Netbook without all it's features.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For a moment that made me giggle as I thought you meant weeaboo's tablet, a tablet PC meant for otaku's, wapanese &/or actual weeaboos ;D

17. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

New tablets comparison: http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/03/tablet-comparison-ipad-2-vs-xoom-vs-touchpad-vs-playbook/
    Some old(er) tablets: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tablet-pcs/1281517/best-tablets

Personally, I would never want a device restricted to the degree that Apples' are. But, as Natewlie said, the iPad can be jailbroken and their prices compared to the confirmed and likely prices of the competition (with similar hardware specifications) are fairly reasonable.
    "Because they are fashionable at the moment" is the only real reason that I can see for them being so popular. If I were to ever buy one, I would never want to pay more than around £200.00.
    I can't see why many reasons why I would want one though; they are inferior for typing on unless you actually like touchscreen controls over physical keys (I don't), they are quite large and would require you to place them flat on a surface - or on a stand - to use properly, many of their software applications have decent or superior equivalents available for mobile operating systems (which a lot of tablets actually run rather than Linux or Windows, limiting their worth to me considerably), the large glass screen is a short drop away from a wallet becoming lighter for a replacement...
    I guess for casual Web browsing, casual gaming and brief amounts of typing (for emails or whatever) they are OK if you have the money to burn; but I can't justify the purchase of an expensive gadget that would have few uses that my smartphone doesn't and would be a pain in the ass to carry (around unless I took a bag with me everywhere). Also, the data charges.

EDIT: Corrections. Also, from my Expert Reviews link: "Apple reinvigorated the tablet market with its iPad product". LoL, the "tablet market" didn't exist in any meaningful form until Apply brought out the iPad and marketed it to people with more money than sense.