1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Invalid Friend Codes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Manny29, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manny29

Manny29 Member

Hey have you guys noticed invalid friend codes with some downloaded games? I came across an invalid code last night for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, my girlfriend suggested it's probably invalid because the game is downloaded and not an original...

Any thoughts?

ps- is there a thread/discussion here to share friend codes for certain ds games?

-edit-
    i have lrn2search button =)
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=7427.0

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I think that friend codes are only stored on .sav files and not the rom it-self. So downloading just the game with no additional files, you should not have any friend codes. Good luck,
    miros

3. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

i think miros is right

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I personally believe that an original can only be used with friend codes...

Rom's are copied from a real game pak-prehaps if that game pak is online the same code set may be remaining in the rom image.

It makes sence-but I've yet to test-but no-one in the know has told me otherwise...yet.

5. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Yes,Friend Codes are stored inside the Save file itself.Deleting the rom won't delete the Friend Codes unless you delete the save file which will make you restart from scratch and get new Friend Codes..

I only know about DS Roms which the one we used either original or not,Friend Codes still work.If for other console,I do not know.Having the copy of the game or the dump itself will work 100% as the original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.