1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Intro freeze on The World Ends with you. WTF?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SlayaDud, Apr 6, 2011.

1. SlayaDud

SlayaDud Well-Known Member

Hey guys I'm pissed off. I have the acekard 2i with akiao 1.8.6a firmware which is the latest firmware, and yet "The World Ends With You" a 3 year old game is fucking freezing during the intro video when Neku runs past beat. WHAT THE HELL? I have a superior card with the top of the line firware that can run Pokemon Black or White and yet it can't run a fucking 3 year old game? Help please this makes no sense!

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD card is a tad slow for it. I hear closing the DS and reopening it works to avoid freezing. Can't be for sure though. Regardless of cart though, slower MicroSD's have issues with it (although my normal 2GB Sandisk never had one issue running it).

3. SlayaDud

SlayaDud Well-Known Member

Opening and closing doesn't seem to be working, I keep closing it, opening it and when I see the video starts up again I close it. When it got to the part I kept doing the same thing but then it eventually stopped turning off the screen when I close it. It still froze. Why the hell is it this one game I have to have trouble with? Also I have a 8g sandisk microsdhc. I wish I could just skip the damn video.

*edit* NEVERMIND I tried it again and it worked! Do I have to do this for other cutscenes too?

4. LuckyTrouble77

You could try doing a back up and format of the MicroSD card and then putting in fresh firmware files. A consistent freeze in the same place may not necessarily be the speed of the card at work, but more screwed up files for one reason or another.

5. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

hmm.... slaya, did you have the bypass AP on or off cause i have heard issues with this game with the bypass AP on, so you might want to try it with it off and see the results , this might clear it up i know sometimes the bypass AP on akaio can hang simple games, i have had to help a friend with the same issue, except they had a 4gb kingston with it on and it was hanging there also

but i have heard that the slower the micro card, the worse that games going to get

6. Setol

Setol Well-Known Member

i have same problem

7. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Nope, it's just that one part in the game.
    Though you do have to repeat the process if you ever want to replay the 1st day again.
    You just have to open and close it as fast as possible to prevent it from freezing; which is a bit of a chore, but it works.

8. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

I have the same problem on my M3 Sakura card, latest firmware.
    It's not the SD card either, my SD card can handle to 8 GB of games.... and it's not even half full.

9. LuckyTrouble77

Read above. You'll have to keep opening and closing your DS through the cut scene kinda quickly. It's only that one cut scene affected.

How full the card is also doesn't really matter for read and write speed. Your MicroSD is probably low class (I would guess most likely class 2), so the read and write speed are kinda low.

10. ashley_surferboi

ashley_surferboi Well-Known Member

i thought that those cards couldn't handle larger than 2gb?
    that may be your problem.

11. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

Nope, my SD card is fine, i should try using the closing trick.

12. Asterisk-CGY

Asterisk-CGY Member

Hum, would getting at least a class 4 sdhc card work then? Looking into that right now. I just find the closing trick a bit more of a hassle than needed.

13. LuckyTrouble77

You only have to do it during the first cut scene when you start the game. It can't be that big of a deal.

14. Asterisk-CGY

Asterisk-CGY Member

Well what's the technique you need to skip it? Is it just repetatedly open and close it until it slowly inched past that one point?
    Actually, I just realized I could just start the game on my DS emulator on my computer, have the game save at the first save point, then move that file onto the cart, and I could just load the game from there.

15. LuckyTrouble77

For the first part, yes. You don't need to full on open it again, just open and close it enough so that the screens come on and shut off.

For the second part, you may have to convert the save, but yes, that would work.

16. Asterisk-CGY

Asterisk-CGY Member

I think my more concerned issue is I've notice the cinematics of Layton tend to lag and the loading on EBA/Ouendan are a bit long, and feel like trying to stream stuff on a class 2 might be too slow. There's a deal for a class 10 micro SD out right now, and was considering getting that if it would work on an Acekard 2i.

17. LuckyTrouble77

Class 10 is beyond over the top.

Try a Class 4 Transcend MicroSDHC card from Newegg.