1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Internet phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N3M351S, Mar 2, 2008.

1. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me whats' going on? The Internet on my cell phone is still working even though I've got no credit on it! Its' been like this for 9 months so far.

I'm not on contract, or subscribed to any data package/special offers. It just works, ;D I must be a lucky individual.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Be careful, I had that too and then my phone was disconnected, to get my number back or my phone reconnected I had to pay the outstanding bill of $14,516 NZD. Throwing my phone out the window was a cheaper option.

3. N3M351S

You paid that much? holy :-X. But they don't have my address or whereabouts, so how the h3ll can they detect whats going on. I'll carry on browsing this makes me laugh to be honest, it's just great free internet.

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yeah i was laughing too, but yes they know whats going on because your phone is connected to thier network, you have to pass data through thier servers first. They know exactly whats going on. And no I didnt pay it, I threw my phone out.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

On the contrary, they know exactly where you are. it is laughably easy to track a mobile phone, and you don't even have to be using it. As long as it is switched on, it can be tracked, to an accuracy as high as 10 meters in urban areas.

6. N3M351S

If the police do turn up, I'll snap the sim card and hide my handset hopfully this will work, dont' you think?? :-\

7. Loonylion

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

The poice wont turn up, just wait a few days and your SIM will be disconnected. Trust me, and youll have to get a new number. They put it down to "there is a slight lag time in our data useage billing" , thats what I got hit with, but to me $14000 isnt a slight delay.

9. N3M351S

Why not?? they dont know, and it's there fault that i can connect to there servers. So I'll just say it's your fault not mine :-\

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

in the terms and conditions (I went over them with a comb with my layer) its basically puts you at fault for any data use on your phone and makes you liable for any outstanding fee, even on prepay.

11. Loonylion

you'll still be expected to pay the bill you knowingly racked up.

12. N3M351S

Well I'll keep you posted if things do change, but right now I;ll carry on browsing even if they are aware of whats going on. Or shall i quit?? tell me now, I don't want to be paying a hefty fine!

13. Loonylion

quit; that's the safest option.

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

If you want to keep your number then stop now, if not rape it and throw away the SIM and get a new one. Also if you continue and they dont cut your SIM then it will automatically deduct anything owing next time you top up, It might take you 2 or 3 $20 credits to actually pay it off to have money on your phone again.

15. N3M351S

Are you trying to scare me?? Im getting the feeling your jealous!

16. Loonylion

Why would I be jealous? I've got a 10Mbit university line and a 3.6Mbit wireless modem as a backup. I have no need for the internet on my phone, free or otherwise.

17. N3M351S

Hahaahaha, I think you are :D hey you want my sim>? hahaha

18. Loonylion

nope, my sim is better than your sim :p

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol no im not, it happened to me with my old V3 Razr, Basically I had it hooked up to my PC which is why my bill was so high, but $30 (the price of a sim card) wasnt too bad for a few days high speed internet from anywhere. Im just letting you know cause ive been though it all before. Just remember.... NOTHINGS EVER FREE.

really just a warning, if you dont wanna keep your number then go for it, I bought 5 sims and raped them till they cut them, stopped after that just incase they wanted to start doing somthing about it

20. N3M351S

Who is your network provider?