1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Internet download manager

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by romsaremylife, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romsaremylife

romsaremylife Member

When I use internet download manager to download files using the new europe server, my dl speed is painfully slow. (less than 10kb/s). At times, it can go as low as 300 bytes per second. While I understand that many people may be downloading from romulation using the new europe server, does anyone experience such slow downloads as me while using Internet download manager? Note: this happens with flashget too, but flashget sucks for vista. or rather, vista sucks for flashget.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Does it happen when you just download without a manager?

I don't think the manager is causing it, you may just have a bad route to the server.

3. romsaremylife

romsaremylife Member

When I download without a manager, the downloads terminate halfway. This is effing irritating and im using wireless. As such i resorted to download managers. Since Flashget isn't working well for me, I tried internet download manager.

My Internet download manager has been downloading for 14 hours, now only at 77 %.

4. TirithRR

But without the download manager, are the speeds normal, or still really slow?

Basically, I'm trying to determine if the speed issue is your manager (which I doubt) or your connection in general.

5. romsaremylife

romsaremylife Member

The speeds are slow (below 20kb/s). But im using broadband wireless, so my dl speed can't be that slow right?

6. TirithRR

Well, it can be.

The data has to travel distances, through many routers, switches, nodes, etc. on the internet, to reach you. So just because you have a good connection from your ISP to you, doesn't mean you will always get good speeds. Somewhere between the server and your ISP there could be a bad (slow) route, that is causing your speeds to be very slow.

Have you tried the different servers? You are allowed to use the North America server as well, even if you don't live in North America. Maybe it will route better and give you better speeds?

7. romsaremylife

romsaremylife Member

Good idea. Perhaps it would be faster while others are rushing for the new server. Anyway I cant cancel my current 82 % download xD

8. TirithRR

Well, you can, because it's free for 24 hours after you first start the download. So if you restarted it on the other server, it wouldn't cost you any points, and you may get a fast enough connection that it would finish faster than this one :)

9. romsaremylife

romsaremylife Member

lol im not a risk taker. The file is 461.704 MB, and if I terminate the download ive just wasted 14 hours of my life.

10. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

heheh....same here bro...... T_T..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.