1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Interesting note about SS and HG freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cantstopme, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cantstopme

cantstopme New Member

It has already been mentioned in the stickied/locked thread http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0 that freezes tend to happen after 24 "actions" have been done; such as battles, entering/leaving a room, etc. I tested this on both HG and SS on the original R4 with YSmenu 3/21/09. My game did indeed freeze after entering and leaving the pokecenter 24 times. I've also noted the game freezes after a few(1-3) actions are done after a save. My little brother has reported random freezes while walking on non-grass areas...although I personally haven't experienced this. Hope this info may help the people developing a patch/fix to this AP since I don't have the ability to do it myself.

freezes:
    24 actions
    action after save.

2. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

Your information may be more useful on gbatemp.net. They are doing very in-depth analysis of the patch and how to fix it.

3. Altarius95

Altarius95 Well-Known Member

Before beating Whitney, I had them 24-event-then-freeze thing. Now after beating her, it's every 2nd event. I'm using R4Ultra, btw.

4. CharlieDog88

CharlieDog88 New Member

The same with me. Once I beat Whitney it froze every time I went into a building, I've given up playing now. I have an R4i clone.

5. holoflame

holoflame Well-Known Member

If you've got the 3rd badge, the AP is getting MUCH worse.

6. sawworm

sawworm Member

We already know that.

7. DePeeters

DePeeters Member

On my DSONE it seems that freezing doesn't happen as much as with you guys. I can do much more events, and play on for like half an hour. I can play a long time after a save as well.

8. hans martin

hans martin Well-Known Member

i have a r4 clone but mine freeze very randomly.
    sometimes it freeze after go trough doors 5 times.
    my record is that it freeze after the 87th time i
    crossed a door.

9. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Nintendo is really good this time! :) (Or is it :( ?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.