1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Insomnia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Almo, May 13, 2008.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Anyone else suffer from this? at the moment its been real bad, its currently 2:25am here, i've slept probably 4 hours in the past 3days. Hasn't really effected me yet but im sure it will. Anyone else had or currently has this problem? I refuse to take sleeping pills so any other alternatives would be great :).

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've had it most of my life. I just go to bed and lie in the dark until I eventually fall asleep.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I suffer from it and I have no solution for it, but only alternative is to wait until you fall asleep.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well normally i just lie down in the bed, but sometimes it took 4 hours and i still havnt fall asleep....

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

4 hours huh, you must be getting tired soon. It takes me about 2 hours to get to bed, but I'm a teenager so hey :p There's ways like listening to music, or knocking yourself out. My personal favourite :p

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I think ill try the latter :p

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I have a little case... I wait in bed about 2 hours before I sleep....but if it's after 12, I just drop dead..

Just watch Fantasia 2000, taht disney musical.. it'll knock you out the first 20 minutes

8. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

i suffer from it too, and i go to bed about 3 every morning, and wake up at 6-7 ish. but i make the most of the day with all the hours im awake

9. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

sometimes when I go to bed, I try to sleep but can't go to sleep till morning then after 5 - 6 its the only time I get to feel sleepy

10. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

I usually fall asleep pretty soon... But weird enough, always when I stay at my girlfriend's place I can't fall asleep :p

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

My dad suffers from it. Most times, he just spends some time on the computer until his eyes hurt. :p I sometimes have a hard time to fall asleep, so I just lay down and try do get some sleep.

12. Sprite

Sprite Well-Known Member

I suffered from it really badly from my last year of high school (16) to the end of college (18). It really messed me up as far as education was concerned.

If you exercise lots and have a strict routine, though, it apparently helps immensely. Not so much for me, but it's worth a shot if you're suffering, right?

13. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hell if you exercise you'll look good as well. But I dont know, i sort of suffer the opposite of insomni. The minute I lie down on bed, I most probably would fall asleep. It's not a blessing its annoying especially when I have assignments due.

14. Loonylion

if you're falling asleep during the day when you shouldn't, thats a condition called narcolepsy.

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Not so much of the day, but more of during the early time of night, say 9 pm. I know my mom says this is all because I play too much video games and the radiation is draining my energy snd o on... ::)

16. Loonylion

thats a load of rubbish, I play games almost all the time and I suffer from insomnia.

17. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

does anyone know how people get insomnia?

18. str8ayds

str8ayds Member

Last time I slept it took me about 2 hrs. then woke up at 4:00a.m(I slept at 12:00midnight) and couldn't fall back asleep until I decided to get up at 8:00a.m.Weird ???

19. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Most people have it because stress, fear or some condition or disorder they have.

Whenever I get it I listen to music and read or play video games or something thats entertaining.