1. This forum is in read-only mode.

info on new DS card?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gamermom, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamermom

gamermom Member

OK. I need info on which is the best card to use for the DS. Currently using R4 and tired of all the trouble I'm having. Need suggestions folks! links would be great as well. ???

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

acekard 2.i

It's one of the best and is compatible for dsi-but only if the firmware is not past 1.4 on the system.

Which system do you intend to use this on may I ask?

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

There's quite a discussion here. :)

By the way, I'm content with my r4. The only issue it have faced is that new Mario RPG. :D

4. gamermom

gamermom Member

not sure which card yet. i have seen other posts about which are preferred. I want to know which one has the best performance, and firmwear support. I am a pretty heavy gamer, on multi platforms. the DS has so many sham cards out there looking to other experienced gamers for info.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well, just saying, when I was new the acekard had ease of use...

The r4 was a great brand-but it has many fakes and clones.

So acekard-dstti-and edge (look for a dsi version for best results) are the go-no fakes of those yet-and these cards have the least issues.

At least from my view here-many people ask questions about r4 start up-not sure why it's so but prehaps it's because everyone still thinks the r4 is the best these days...

BTW-what happened to your r4-some user's still claim they are still worth using.

6. gamermom

gamermom Member

I have had several crashes. Tried new sd card thought it was corrupt. It wasn't. No firmwear update since forever, won't play several games without patching, or at all. Just tired of it. Now my oldest son's starting to experience the same thing. time to move on.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cyclods evolution is best for ds/dslite.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, with newer games some will need patching-even some games on acekard need that-fortunatly I've avoided the main stream games with anti piracy protection.

Acekard is updated often-but many poor user's are waiting for the latest to come out-those who have dsi's at 1.4 are at a loss because of this...

There are other card's that have the latest-but I have no idea how they are in terms of proformance.

I assume you have a dslite or old ds?

9. gamermom

gamermom Member

3 DS lites.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wow-We have one of each-plus a spare busted ds lite XD

So your best options (from here) could be the acekard 2.i (for dsi compatibility-and ease of use) or the cyclods evolution.

Loony has been here for a bit longer and has more experience with such cards-so take your pick...if you need help just let us know and we are sure to help you get started.

11. gamermom

gamermom Member

thanks for all the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.