1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Undiscovery

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by galupa, Aug 9, 2008.

1. galupa

galupa Member

What is the deal with this games title?
    does it mean there is never any discoveries? that you will never discover anything?
    can anyone explain this title to me? it seems odd...

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Interesting and nice games generally have weird or random titles.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Why is Final Fantasy called Final Fantasy?

None of the games are final; they keep coming up with sequels!

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, FFX-2 was the only sequel, the others were all separate games. They are so named because the creator was depressed to the point of leaving the games industry, so the first final fantasy was to be his last game before leaving, hence it was his 'final fantasy'. He changed his mind because it was so successful.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually the first Final Fantasy was supposed to be the last game Square made back on the days of the FamiCom because most of their earlier games sucked like "King's Knights" or "Highway Star". Then Hironobu Sakaguchi made a very big gamble, he saw the success of Enix's Dragon Quest franchise & thought what if they went towards the RPG Direction. Their gamble paid off though. :D

6. anandjones

Yes, they were on the verge of "closing down".

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

On a side note, ever since Hironobu Sakaguchi left, the company lost its creativity to produce unique memorable titles. Now they're just banking on visuals & fantastic audio which is sad :(

8. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Actually from what I've read X and X-2 were both long off prequels to VII, Jenova is supposedly from Spira originally.

9. err

err Well-Known Member

So the first Final Fantasy was just called "Fantasy"?

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, it was called final fantasy, because that name reflected the creator's feelings at the time.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

what the hell did you read?

There's been a lot more sequels now, other than X and X-2.
    We have XII, XII Revenant Wings.
    VII, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, and Crisis Core.

and you're right about the creativity, nothing but re-releases, or sequels that don't really connect together all that well.

For example, Tseng from Crisis Core is NOT the same Tseng in FFVII. They may look the same, have the same name, hairstyle, but their personalities are COMPLETELY opposite.

12. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

13. insanecrazy07

14. anandjones

Before Crisis is a short anime.. 1 episode I think..

15. insanecrazy07

it's a mobile phone game.

16. anandjones

Ah, well that doesn't count :p

17. Kinder123

Kinder123 Member

i have this game but the voice acting sucks BA@#@$ but other than that i like it till ur own team mate kills u and u have to start all over EERRRRRRRRRRRR

18. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

I wanted to get this game because it was an A-RPG, but then I herd that there is a few Dragon Foes, and a Dragon Boss in the game.

If there are no Dragons on Wyvrens in this game, please respond so that I can put this game on my game hunting list.

19. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So why is Dragons the game breaker for you? If there are dragons you won't play it? That doesn't make any sense at all!

20. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Must have bad experience with dragons in RPG's. Maaaaybeee constantly getting defeated by one?