1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Space (U)(BAHAMUT) issues (DeSmuME & No$GBA) - Solution posted

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FinRexor, Mar 18, 2010.

1. FinRexor

FinRexor New Member

Edit: Tested solution posted by me, read down.

(This is a direct copy of my DeSmuME forum post. Thought I'd post it here as well, since this place is much more populated.)

The DeSmuME I have installed is desmume-0.9.5-win640. The 3D settings are as follows -> http://img27.imageshack.us/i/30820273.jpg/

* Most cutscenes (on lower screen) black out after a few milliseconds. You can see the start of a cutscene, the rest is blacked out. The dialogue popups during cutscenes are functioning normally. OpenGL is no better, it has a lot more graphical glitches, in fact. You should be able to see the enemy fleet behind the YES and NO buttons here -> http://img697.imageshack.us/i/12285263.jpg/ (No$GBA 2.6a with No$Zoomer has functional cutscenes, but the emulation is less stable, it has random crashes. In addition, the textures behave very oddly on No$GBA, I've tried all the rendering options.)

* Trying to enter the elevator at Hapsal station hangs the game -> http://img534.imageshack.us/i/23022227.jpg/ I can't say if it's the same for every station. (Update - Bagut station is working properly.)

Can anyone clarify if these problems are caused by AP or are these emulator issues?

2. peanutrulz

peanutrulz New Member

Re: 4761 - Infinite Space (U)(BAHAMUT) issues (DeSmuME & No$GBA)

I got the same problem anyone got anyway to fix or a better emulator to use ? No$ crashes all the time with infinite space for me DeSmuME works pretty good best one ive tried so far except for the above problems :(

Any ideas im a noob to emulators dont have much knowledge in them.

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing uing no$gba and no$zoomer.
    Aside from some graphical problem I haven't encounter any problems yet.
    But I'm still early in the game, at the part where you choose to go another planet.

In which part does the no$gba crash ?

4. Hobojim

Hobojim New Member

I've had best results using no$gba and no$zoomer. Set the 3d renderer in BOTH no$gba and no$zoomer to opengl, then turn on all of the EX options except for EX0 in the "Other --> EXTRA" menu in NO$zoomer. It stops the crashes and improves the graphics a great deal. EX0 causes a really strange graphical glitch, and I'm sure not all of the other options are necessary to stop the crashing, but I'm too lazy to check them all individually and it doesn't seem to negatively affect anything to keep them on.

Hopefully this works for you!

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

OpenGl give slowdowns to the game though.
    But if it make the crashes gone, it worth a try.

6. Fanin

Fanin New Member

I'm using no$gba with no$zoomer. It crashes every time I'm in random battles after going through the first warp gate.

7. FinRexor

FinRexor New Member

The game is working nearly perfectly with DeSmuME SVN r3419 (You can get it from http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS/). The only issue is that entering the elevator from a space station and exiting a tavern causes a hang (white screen) that lasts around 15 seconds. Be patient, it's not an infinite loop. SoftRasterizer looks the best and is faster than OpenGL. If you experience crackling sound, try Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode > Synchronous, it'll sounds perfect (on my PC at least).

Man, this game is tough, I mean really, really tough. Hope it'll get easier once I get more than one ship in my fleet.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Im using No$GBA and i dont have any graphical problems but i cant move modules at all.. Any AP fixes will be apprieciated.

9. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

for the modules go into no$gba settings and change the 3D render to open GL and u can see the modules or at least that works on No$Zoomer

10. Vladair

Vladair New Member

I can't seem to get the sound to play right in the game using DeSmuME (getting heavy static, and lot of echoing on the voices), and with no$gba w/no$zoomer I can play it fine for a bit..but the battle right before the void gate or right after going through it, the emultaor crashes. Doesn't give me an error or anything, it just locks up and then Windows throws up "Application has commited an error"

I'm using the latest versions of no$gba & no$zoomer and I'm using DeSmuME version r3599

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Use the full package of no$gba.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tmrvozm0gm

as for desmume, make sure your use the 0.9.5 version,
    www.desmume.org

12. jorge1116

jorge1116 Member

im having a problem with this rom
    i can save but when i go to load up the game the data is corrupt.
    im using the R4III with the most current firmware

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try using Wood R4 if it can be run on your clone.

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

i still cant move modules on NO$Zoomer i use open gl and all the extras

15. emvis

emvis New Member

I also have the same problem :(
    im using a R4 clone with latest firmware (r4i-sdhc.com)
    It creates the save but comes up with a "errorcode"
    im not sure if there is a AP fix that would help but still looking.... *sigh*
    it's funny in the R4 site it says Infinite Space (E) fixed
    but i can't find a Euro dumped version anywhere :(

Wood R4 only works with original R4
    (which aren't in production anymore since 2 yrs ago... I've heard)
    so that doesn't help me or jorge1116

anyone ideas?