1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Space on R4i Gold Deluxe??

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by PegEss, Mar 8, 2015.

1. PegEss

PegEss New Member

I have tried a couple, but I cannot get Infinite Space up and
    running on my 3ds!! It shows the Sega screen then stays
    white afterwards. Everything else I throw at it works, but
    this one game has given me endless headaches. I really
    want to play it on the bigger screen of my XL.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That's probably because the cart's firmware doesn't have the necessary 'offset' to load it, thus why "error code -4" a.k.a white sceen/black screen. Not even sure if TTMENU/YSMENU third party firmware could be use on yours.

3. PegEss

PegEss New Member

Any advice, I, obviously, am a newb to this. I use the basic Wood files from the main site.
    Have you/anyone gotten Infinite Space to work and how? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm assuming you meant the main site from your Cart's official webpage. Well, despite it might state WOOD R4 v.1.64, reality is it contains offsets for games up to v.1.62, because the updates after that was related to other features such as the RTS capability. But game wise, the rom is either scene no. 5129, 4804, or 3846, so they should have worked on your WOOD R4, since those are old games that been fixed by Yellow Wood Goblin.

And forget about hoping to fix it yourself, not trying to belittle you, but you don't seems to know anything about game hacking judging from your remark of trying to look for "offset option". There's no such thing as offset option, what you're suppose to be looking at is in a .DAT file, which are all in binary form. Without the proper know how, it's not possible to do much. I myself don't know how to work it despite understanding the basics, you'll be just as blank.

Also there's no need to try find a patch for it, if WOOD R4 work on your cart, then it should have loaded. You might want to try going into the WOOD R4 option, and try around the various save extension or see if there's a cheat code to bypass the anti-piracy.

5. PegEss

PegEss New Member

Weird thing is that they work perfectly on a NDS but not the 3DS.

No offense taken, I am aware of my limits. :) Thank you for
    answering even if it's not great news. I was doing just that
    as the save extension is almost the only option available
    on Wood. As for the cheat, that's a very good idea!