1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Space on M3?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hackasmodius, Mar 19, 2010.

1. hackasmodius

hackasmodius New Member

I'm trying to play Infinite Space on my M3 (using Sakura), but once it gets past the opening scene (right before the title screen, I'm assuming), the screen goes white and I can't do anything. I've tried re-formatting my SD card and re-downloading, but nothing seems to work! Does this game require some sort of Anti-Piracy?

Thanks in advance.

2. Andypanda169

Andypanda169 Well-Known Member

I have it working just fine on my M3 Real using V4.7h.

Maybe try it without sakura?

3. hackasmodius

hackasmodius New Member

I've also tried using it with TouchPod, to no avail. I just downloaded the latest version (M3 Sakura + TouchPod for M3 Real/M3i Zero 1.46X 2nd + 4.7hX), but none of them seem to be working...

4. Andypanda169

Okay, just cruised the forums and all i can see is a few minor errors with it not working on DSTT, or a rendering error on emulator.

And since i have the same 'conditions' as you in terms of firmware/card, so just to cover all bases and give you the best shot at successfully running the rom, try using the following:
    (dont know where you got your downloads, so to be safe)

M3 firmware from - http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

Rom from - https://www.romulation.org/NDS/4761_-_Infinite_Space_%28U%29%28BAHAMUT%29.rar.html/

Other than those variables, and since you have formatted the microsd card, i can't think of anything that might be causing this.

5. hackasmodius

hackasmodius New Member

I downloaded the firmware, and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!

6. Andypanda169

Glad to help.

;)

7. Zentanna

Zentanna New Member

Rather then make a new thread, I thought I'd post here.

I am playing it on an M3 atm, and am 3 hours in. It plays smoothly, except I find when I lose a battle and press exit, the screens go white and it freezes. I have to turn off the DS and turn it back on again.

I also noticed the sound isn't loud. I can barely hear the voice overs at all.

Anyone getting the same issue?

I am running Sakura 1.12 iirc. I know it's old, but I've had no issues so far, and saw no reason to upgrade. Though perhaps these issues could be rectified by that, or are these common issues?

EDIT: I updated to the latest firmware M3Sakura v1.45 5th x21 Multi, and I am still getting the same issue.

On the upside, Sonic Classic Collection now works for me :D

8. Andypanda169

As far as the sound is concerned, i have a similar problem, im assuming its the games config, rather than a problem with the firmware.

The White screen problem, i just tested and found that my 4.7h suffers from the same problem, best suggestion would be to use rt saves before a right, or in regular intervals to avoid loss of game data.

Just out of curiosity, any other card users experiancing the white screen after a loss?

9. growlth

growlth Well-Known Member

When I lose I get the white screen (DSTT) but I have no more problems other than that... plus I don't mind turning off the ds and going back to the rom. Just because I die and get angry and feel like throwing the dang ds... who dies on random battles?! I do... a lot <.< when it's 3 vrs. 1 it's not that easy.

10. Zentanna

Zentanna New Member

Yeah, I save at every port I get to in the event that I die. Generally I try to escape any 3v1 fights. I don't really stand a chance in hell if I get stuck in 1, so I best try and avoid them.

Kinda sucks with the sound. To really hear things, I have to play with the headphones on. Though the sound effects still come through loud, so yeah, it's most likely a sound design flaw.