1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Space lighting/flicker bug

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kyrandiel, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Kyrandiel

Kyrandiel Member

OK, so I'm using the latest combo of no$gba and no$zoomer. I'm trying to get Infinite Space to work properly, but the 3d models don't display correctly. They're either completely black and unlit, or they're lit in very specific places that move from frame to frame. In either case, you can't really see the textures on the models. Does anyone know of a fix for something like this?

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I'm using iDeaS and it seems to be running alright.

3. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Try changing the Render option. It's under Options>Render. If you're using OpenGL, try using DirectX. If you're using DirectX, try using OpenGL. But leave the sync where it is. This may make a difference. I've found some games like one or the other.

4. Kyrandiel

Kyrandiel Member

Thanks for the advice. I've now tried both OpenGL and DirectX rendering. They display identically.

I'm trying to get iDeaS to work properly. Getting a sound plugin to work defeats me, but there are some settings which allow it to render the models with the correct lighting. Then again, there are also settings that cause it to fail to display any 3D or to crash on boot.

5. magicmegaman

magicmegaman New Member

if your using gba and no zoomer open up gba and change it to opengl helps with the graphics but slows the sound no clue why

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

yeah, I haven't been able to get sound working, but I figured that was better than no graphics

7. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

You could try DeSmuME. It's a little slower but the sound is functional.

8. Hobojim

Hobojim New Member

I had that problem when I started, too. What worked for me is changing the renderer to opengl under both no$gba and no$zoomer options, then turning on all EX options in no$zoomer except for EX0. EX0 makes some really strange graphical glitches, but the others seem to help with the sound slowing down and the constant crashing I was getting otherwise. I'm sure they aren't all necessary, but I'm too lazy to check each one individually.