1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Infinite Battery Life on my DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pk95, May 23, 2011.

1. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I've kind of been away from the DS scene for a while so I just had my DS sitting on my bookshelf. I got it back out to play Super Scribblenauts and KH: Re-Coded. It's been sitting there for about a year with no power or anything. I turned it on, surprised that it still worked but had my charger handy all the same. 1 hour goes by, 2 hours go by, 3 hours go by. This is playing on full brightness and 3/4 volume. I turned the brightness down to 2/4 and the volume off and I've played a total of >6 hours without charging and it being dormant on my bookshelf. Now, I can see straight after I post this I'll go to turn it on and the battery will be red. I thought it was something rather interesting that happened to me and hope that it stays powering itself for a few years yet. (no I did not attach some kind of perpetual motion machine gizmo inside there and no I'm not using some hardcore battery pack. Just stock standard for me ;) )

- Xepter

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Congratulations, enjoy your infinite battery power.

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I was expecting some Troll Science or something but fortunately, I was wrong.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is what you did, but with your DS?

5. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Gotta love troll physics. I played another hour and it briefly ( <1 second) flashed red. My days are numbered. I'm gonna milk it for all it's worth.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Well...

>=(

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

government will come and take your DS off your hands to check the secret of infinite battery life

8. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Keep it plugged up. How's that for infinite?

9. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been using a backup DSlite since my launch black DSlite's buttons are wore out (and I can't find my tri-wing screwdriver to fix it) and the backup unit went for like a month before the light went red. I was wondering when the battery would die. I can't even begin to estimate how many hours of game time I got out of a single charge, but it seems like it lasted twice as long as my old one, even though I recently bought a new battery for the old one before I took it out of commission.

You just gotta love the amazing longevity of the DSlite's battery. I don't think we'll ever see another handheld gaming system that lasts that long on a single charge.

All hail the DSlite!

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

That's nothing, my watch has been ticking away for years...

All hail my watch!

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

pff so has mine. For over a decade, in fact.