1. This forum is in read-only mode.

...in which YouTube fails epicly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by personuser, Sep 9, 2010.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Saw this on YT's blog the other day and couldn't help but put it up.

[​IMG]

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

So it's wrong to love ads?

3. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

yes

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i love ads to <3 they help pay to keep a site running!

where would romU be without ads? non-existent i'd have to say...

5. j c 2000

but that is to make money to the site ultimate while youtube has all the money in the world

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Orly? how do they have all the money in the world? do they have people paying every time they upload a video or sumtin?

7. j c 2000

google
    Post Merge: [time]1283997760[/time]
    heck i dont even watch the ad because of ad blocker

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmm...owned by google..never knew that...so f*** the ads!

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

So? Google/Youtube are businesses, they intend to make money and in turn a profit. What makes you think that Seph doesn't have money?

It's also not like Google gets money and does nothing with it, they're always developing something new and they have to keep up with the bandwidth it costs to keep both Google and Youtube up and running.

10. j c 2000

no comment

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You don't have anything to say?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ads are a great way of raising funds to pay the bills and to make sites better.

13. j c 2000

i do but i just dont want to.

14. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Then why the fuck are you posting at all? Nobody gives a shit about you, so there's no real need to post for posting's sake.

15. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

True but could be put more nicely Blitzy! Don't get so anal about everything.

As for the fail, I see none at all. I personally don't mind ads and I'd rather have ads on a site than have it pay-to-use, if I feel the ads become too invasive I can selectively block them or just stop using the site. A site is (often) a business and the goal of a business is to make money, if any one see that as a fail then quite frankly *they* fail at life.

16. personuser

Yes, ads are good, but if you have to comment on YOUR OWN BLOG, acting like you're someone else while SIGNED IN TO YOUR ADMIN ACCOUNT, saying you like ads, that's a little pathetic, especially for a behemoth like youtube. We don't see Seph making a topic about how ads keep the site running and after that make a new post in the topic WHILE STILL SIGNED IN AS HIMSELF saying "yay, I love it!"

Feeling they had to do that is a pretty big fail.

17. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

What's pathetic about it? The exact same thing happens on Facebook all the time. Do you get pissed at that, too?

Also, you're claim that they "felt they had to" is a pretty big fail. In fact, this whole damn thread's a pretty big fail.

18. personuser

I don't go to facebook. But if this is a business standard I guess this thread is fairly FAIL. Allright, now let it die, I guess.

19. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

20. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Viacom sued google awhile ago.

I think you should know that.

goodbye.