1. This forum is in read-only mode.

In this current era...having a cold is worse than having a gun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got a cold, I know it's not swine flu (I ate like a horse last night XD) but it's scary for others around you...they might not belive you...

What would you react if you saw a person coughing away in public-family or otherwise?

(any other opinions also contributes-so please have your say on the cold-but this ain't about the swine flu :) )

2. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

We're having the same problem, in fact, I've been sneezing and coughing for the past 5 weeks. :)

3. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i had asthma-like symptoms for about 2 months now, it's much better but i still have coughing spasms occasionally. just last week i caught a cold, and i had to get all my plans and stuff canceled cause of the same reason (and i knew it wasn't swine flu cause i know what caused the cold, and it wasn't even a proper cold. just runny nose and coughing, no high temperature)

4. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Paranoia is a wonderful thing, no? I rarely get ill, but that seems to trade off with some serious bad coughing fits every so often that make me feel like I'm going to cough my lungs up. What they are or why I get them, however, I don't know. Maybe second-hand smoke is as bad as people say, eh?

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well people with the disorder trick themselves into thinking they have something really bad and it has an anti-placebo effect

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cant remember the last time I had anything worse than a minor headache.

7. northofpolaris

northofpolaris Well-Known Member

My boss is a total ass. I got sick. Really, god damn sick. My immune system is awesome so I get over pretty much everything within a few days, and usually when I get the flu, it's out of my system within a week, but it's a horrible week. Of course, I'm supposed to stay home so as not to spread infection and freak people the hell out, but my hours were cut so much that they took away my sick days (I had about 12!) so I couldn't take any days off. The reason my hours were cut was because I called out sick many months ago. So, I couldn't call out sick anyways because she'd cut my hours again. So, I made damn well sure every single customer we had knew I was sicker than all hell, hoping that someone would call corporate and complain.

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

ah, I suffer from asthma as well as being allergic to dust (not a good combination). when I sleep in stuffy rooms, or even with carpets my symtoms get pretty fucking bad.

since moving though, I now have a room with a wooden floor and I haven't been ill for LONG while now.*touch floor*

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I had asthma, wasn't fun was it people?

I was sickly too-now I'm the idiot who runs about saying he is invincible-that just caught the common cold :(