1. This forum is in read-only mode.

In the middle of "Trying" To hack my PSP...Help please?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I have followed this to perfection:
    After I run PSP grader, it installs all the files to my PSP (Memory stick?), Then i disconnect it by hitting O, turn it off, unplug it. I hold the L trigger while putting in the Pandora battery. I've done this no less than 50 times. WILL NOT TURN ON. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:Forgot quoting doesn't quote quotes within a quote. =/

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What model PSP do you have? And is your pandora battery charged?

I ran into a similar problem with trying to hack my brother's PSP 2000. It ended up being that my memory stick was incompatible. I made a "magic memory stick" with a smaller memory card and it worked just fine.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I hope the battery is charged...I just bought it, it looks QUITE different from all the images i've seen, and there's a button on it to check battery life, it reads full...I tried it with a 16GB, only other option I have is a 4GB...will try it now :p If it doesn't work, i got a MicroSD adapter and can possibly make it 2GB. Thanks, time to test. :)

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Try not holding L, or hold R instead. Depending on your version of PSPgrader, you don't need to hold down the button, and someone may have mixed up the instructions with the wrong button.

Also, if you have a memory stick greater than 4 GB, it will most likely not work as Tirith has said.
    I use a 1 GB and it worked fine. I bet it's just that you're using too large of a memory stick.

You may be able to shortcut your work by just putting 550.pbp and running the pandora. Not sure if you can, but hey, you have a Pandora Battery so there's no issues if it decides to not boot.

Also, make sure your battery is at least 85% charged, and you need to UNPLUG it from the power source while using Pandora.

Charge it some more. Those damn meters never tell you the right charge percentage.
    And yeah, try it with the 4 GB one.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'm using V008... It does seem there is an option for none for the button used....Try it for ease of access? It is unplugged...And also, those meter things is normal? Most of the batteries of seen images of didn't have them. =/ Can i charge it using my normal PSP charger? Like it won't explode or anything?(Which seems less likely than my current battery now that I know what it looks like >.<)
    Currently am backing up the 4GB one...getting ready to use PSPgrader with it.

EDIT: twice now I forgot to mention, it's a PSP 2001 :p

Update: 4GB didn't work either. =/

Another update: It seems I ended up getting one of the shit adapters...The PSP ONLY recognizes it if I hold it all the way in...Which then it says to format it. =/

Is there any other way I can do this with my 4GB/16GB ones?...

6. TirithRR

Is your PSP a hackable 2000 model? Some of them can't be.

When I ran into the trouble on my brother's PSP 2000, I was trying to use my 8GB card at first. It wouldn't work (wouldn't start up). So I switched to my older 2GB card and used that, worked just fine.

I think you also want the AC adapter plugged in while updating (so you don't lose power).

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I can't get it to work with the Pandora Battery in....Should I try that Inject IPL thing and see if it will boot up normally with that? And also...I have no way to check my motherboard version...

8. insanecrazy07

For performing the flashing, you need to be unplugged, and this is why you need a fully charged battery.

I'm thinking that he's got a v3, which is unhackable by this method.
    Try the less popular HEN thing. It's temporary, but at least it will work.

And I was actually talking about the digital meter on the PSP when you look at the Battery in the XMB. That's usually full of shit. I'm not sure if a pandora battery is supposed to have the weird meters on the outside. I'm thinking it shouldn't...I only know of the PSP1000 batteries and how they look.

9. TirithRR

It's been a year or two since I did my two PSPs... I couldn't remember.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

So...I should try chickHEN then?... I did find a lil' guide for it earlier... But it requires you "Update" to 5.03...For me, that'd be a DOWNGRADE... I'm on 6.20...is there ANY way for me to find out my motherboards version? (W/o opening it of course...)

EDIT:[​IMG]

11. insanecrazy07

The only way you're going to find out is to actually take some of it apart.
    Follow a guide for that. And this is why I stay away from PSP2000s...

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I did find this:http://pspslimhacks.com/pspident-04-find-out-what-psp-motherboard-you-have/

Is there ANY WAY to run that w/o CFW/ChickHEN?...

EDIT: Those fuckers sold me a bad Pandora Battery I believe... I injected the IPL, it wouldn't boot. I plug in my PSP with the Pandora in it, charging light doesn't show up. My current battery is fully charged, so I plug it in anyways to make sure it's not the charger...The light shows up on my PSP.. Diagnoses by me? Bad Pandora Battery..hat do you guys think?...

Based on this..

My PSP may not be hackable either...If HU2 for Piano Black color, HU3 could mean the same thing for silver...

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

On which firmware you are on now?

Even if you have 2K models, don't go carelessly updating it without checking your motherboard first..

14. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

too bad, if your psp wont turn on, it's bricked. you got nothing else to do but buy a new one. if it's not bricked i suggest you use GEN hacks instead of pandora. it's much simple

15. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

And what was the date code anyhow

16. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

It's not that it won't turn on, it's that it won't turn on with the Pandora Battery with the IPL injected...Works fine with a normal battery :p

Doesn't have a datecode...

It was on 6.20 when i bought it...Fucking gamestop refurbished it. =/

17. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Go to 6.20 TN HEN.
    http://pspslimhacks.com/release-easy-6-20-tn-b-hen-installer-installs-everything-to-run-6-20-tn-b/

18. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

19. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

You dont need a pandoras battery for this. Also there are 2 loaders.
    Prometheus loader and OpenIdea loader. I think prometheus loader might
    be better. Also not all games will work for this but some popular games that will
    are:
    KH BBS
    FF VII CC
    MHP3
    MHFU
    FFD

Edit: Oops didnt know you had psp2000 with TA-085 Motherboard.
    If you have a good Pandora's Battery or a friend that can make you one,
    you can downgrade. If you dont, id stick with HEN for now. Just dont update
    to 6.35 because Sony took out some things in the 6.35 update.

20. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

When I plug in the bairns Simpsons PSP to the mains(its using the dual function battery),the orange light shows.

And make a note of this:-When I switched it on this morning,it seemed liked everything was reset and even ultimate vsh menu was disabled.Ive fixed it all back again,but maybe the dual function battery is to blame.