1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Importing a NDS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by freshman, May 28, 2008.

1. freshman

freshman New Member

Hey everybody where can I import a DS to South Africa for about $150 because here SA we pay $250 for a DS if you work it out. I want it imported and don't want have anything to do with ebay. Will you plaese give me any info because I really want one

Thanks in advance

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you import you'll have to pay customs charges, and they can be pretty high.

3. freshman

freshman New Member

How much would customs cost

4. Loonylion

don't know, depends on what south africa charge. (also possibly the value of the item, what the item is, where its shipped from etc)

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

And I thing, the games, wich you can buy in your country aren't compitable with an DS from for examble Europe!

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

just let a friend buy one for you if he goes abroad :p do regional settings really matter? I mean flashcarts run both (E) (U) (K) (J) and whatever

7. koal_ferrari

koal_ferrari Active Member

I thought that any DS can run any DS game regardless or the region code, and that region codes were more of a guide to the language of the game.

8. freshman

freshman New Member

Hey thanks for your advice but where can I find out how much customs cost Because I know someone whos going to Londen and want to find out now Because if customs to much Ill find another way

please help me

9. Loonylion

If they were to bring it back as their own, then chances are they would not have to pay customs duty. if you had it shipped to you from another country, then you would have to pay an import fee. You should be able to find the rates on your country's customs service website.

10. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

One note:
    We use PAL in Europe as well.

11. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

NTSC is the format for North America, PAL is used for Europe, it was stated backwards. It all has to do with the TV standards for the region.

12. Loonylion

South Africa also uses PAL.

13. dmitsuki

dmitsuki New Member

Not only is that backwords but its wrong, DS is region free, I was playing a the actual Doki Doki majin shinpan on my ds that my friend imported so i know for a fact

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

i remember an article stating that the NDS is region free.
    (it's their way to prevent piracy... blah blah blah)
    (it also gives companies that manufacture flash carts one less reason to stay in business)

now they have to say that they support the homebrew scene, not so much anything else.