1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Image notification?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by boxofdemons, Feb 8, 2010.

1. boxofdemons

boxofdemons Member

Hello, I was thinking that if you submit a picture for a game and it makes it through to be one of the games pictures i think you should get a notification (email or in site)or some other type of thing to symbolize that your picture passed... I am saying this because my first and only submitted picture to romulation shows up as slide 1 out of 4 on Kingdom Hearts 368/2 days - U ROM

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we're not going to do this because some people submit 50+ pictures at a time, so they'd be flooded with accepted or refused messages.

3. boxofdemons

boxofdemons Member

but only 4 make it right?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They submit 4 images for many games, so their total submissions often number in the hundreds, that's a lot of notifications to get.

5. namenick

namenick Well-Known Member

Even if you send a daily notification
    (similar to that someone receive when ask to be notified "daily"
    for a "new post in a Topic"?

6. boxofdemons

boxofdemons Member

If only 4 images get through and you don't notify people who do not make it then wouldn't that only be 4 notifications per game?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, and if the person uploads screenshots for 50 games thats potentially 200 messages.

8. boxofdemons

boxofdemons Member

hmmm 50 games aren't released at a time. so you guys could disable it for games that have been released before this comes out.

9. Seph

That would work, but in the end it would be too much work for not enough gain.

10. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

how about in 1 day it compiles every successful uploads to 1 email

11. Seph

Would work as well, but again, I don't consider it important enough to merit development time right now.

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

You can see it at your points so...