1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm looking for info regarding YSMenu. About "How To?".

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Geminis076, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geminis076

Geminis076 Well-Known Member

Hi. So I've been seeing the word YSmenu a lot along with comments regarding new Rom releases that R4's are having issues with - even with updated firmware & Arm7 fix. I did a little research and found this description, feel free to correct it if there are any errors - I didn't type it:

It's a full replacement firmware for the R4, eliminating the need to use the increasingly outdated (v1.18) official version. YSMenu is based on the firmware used by the DSTT flashcart, which still has an active development team and receives regular game compatibility updates.

Post also calls it an alternative R4DS firmware. On Romulation I've been able to find bits & pieces regarding the YSMenu, but nothing that really talks about it or explains it. I found a post on here that tells where to download, but I'd like a Romulation opinion on YSmenu.

• For up to date (v1.18) R4's that are having Roms issues even after the Arm7 fix, should we try YSMenu as an alternative?

• If there isn't already a thread with more info that I can be referred to, can someone please post a little info regarding how to use this? Just like, what do we do after the download? Where does it go, what should it replace, what do we delete, stuff like that.

Basically a mini tutorial if one does not exist. I did try searching for info here so I apologize if I've missed anything.

Thanks!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

YSMenu is created by Yasu with help from Normatt, and is distributed on Gbatemp and other places. It is a alternative firmware that uses modified DSTT firmware for better compatibility. I'm the one who just introduced the YSMenu download recently, which a lot of people are now using. It uses the same menu etc. with extra features added to the DSTT firmware. It is perfectly safe to use. I've been running it for a while.

3. YuL

YuL Active Member

Sorry for posting in a old thread... I didn't find any other.
    Anyway
    Does the YSMenu work on R4 clones such as the R4 Ultra ?

4. anandjones

It should do yes.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Dose anyone not already have a madeup pack for you in winrar or zip?

6. anandjones

There are pre-compiled firmwares of YSMenu yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.