1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm having trouble with save files in DeSmuME

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by awesomebros, Aug 18, 2010.

1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I downloaded a save file off of filetrip.
    http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=7513

I've used the save file in No$GBA before so it should work. I looked up how you're supposed to convert the save file so it works in DeSmuME.

Right now I'm having trouble with that. I put the save file in a directory I created for DeSmuME and renamed it so it matched with the rom's name and then clicked on file>Import Backup Memory and found the save file. Then I reloaded the game and it won't load.

EDIT: Hold on. It loaded. But it takes forever and if freezes after the splash screens disappear.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just rename your save files with .dsv as the file extention

should work as is

3. awesomebros

Nothing's happening...

4. Jhon 591

Is your file extention enabled ?

You might end up with somethink like without knowing

file extention enabled

Toy Story 3 (E).dsv

Disabled

Toy Story 3 (E).dsv.sav - .sav hidden

5. awesomebros

4172 - Scribblenauts (US)(M3)(2CH).dsv

Also, it gives me "data could not be read"

6. Jhon 591

Don't import , just see how the game works as is

You could try the game without the save file , and see what it creats in the same folder as the emulator

Then rename the save you need to the crated one, backup and clear any .dsv saves in the main folder of your emulator, Unless you made a folder and add it to the emu setup ?

7. awesomebros

Hrrrm? I decided that I didn't want to replay the whole game just so I could make a simple video so I downloaded the save file.

The game works fine and it creates a save file in the same directory as the game.

8. Jhon 591

Sounds like it's the save that could be the problem

Convert it then rename , are download as is then rename

Ops, if you have used it with no$gba it would have bean compress down to a few kBs on use

9. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using this offline converter, just set the Source Format to RAW, and the Target Format to DeSmuMe,
    leave the Size option to Auto Detect. If the original save file didn't work, try using the one from no$gba's BATTERY file.

The save file should work just by changing the extension of the save file from .sav -> .dsv, and the name has to be exactly same with the target game.

10. awesomebros

I think I got it figured out.

Thank you. :)