1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm enlisting tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tyson_rss, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I made a thread about 7 months ago asking the forums about the military and such, and I got a few good replies. Well I called my recruiter about 20 minutes ago and he's picking me up tomorrow. I guess that means I'm gonna be enlisted...so I just thought I'd make some conversation about it..

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

God damn war.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Have fun, and remember, when addressing an officer, ALWAYS end the sentence with 'Sir' or 'Ma'am' depending on gender.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Do come back unscathed OK?

You wouldn't want your relatives or even your special someone cry over your dead carcass now do you?

Agreeing on this one, can't they just settle their damn wars using Modern Warfare or any online FPS game available instead of sending people to their deaths?

5. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Although, depending on the difference between rank, the safest thing would be to address either gender as 'Sir'.
    That's what my friend in the ROTC taught me.

She says that when addressing a superior officer, ALWAYS say "sir". Saying "Ma'am" implies that you address her only by her gender and not by her rank.

6. lewis9191

I heard of people coming back with one arm and lost ligaments while they still stay is was there best time of there lives and would go back.

Good luck and hope you come back safe.

7. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

You must be mad.Was talking to a guy on Sunday who is serving in Tuwelheadistan,he only gets 100 rounds of ammo and 2 x grenades when hes out on patrol.If they are not copping it from IED's,they are running out of ammo in fire-fights.

8. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Is that a real place? Or is it just some snap about "towel-headed" middle-easterns?
    Anyways, since you say you have been thinking about this issue for at least 7 months, I doubt there's anything any of us can say that will change your mind.

All I can say is, good luck out there, and Good hunting.

9. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well I've been off and on the subject. To be honest, the only thing I am worried about is IEDs. Supposedly its the number 1 cause of death to the troops.

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

No,its a real place-the inhabitants have them stupid beards(too lazy to shave)

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

Some pieces of advice: Learn the reporting statement as soon as possible. Do whatever you can to blend in because the MTIs will go after people that stick out whether they're sticking out in a good way or a bad way. You should aim to be incognito to the point that when you get to graduation they'll go "Who the hell are you?".

Start running and other basic exercise too. You'll thank yourself for it later.

12. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

yeah thanks. I really do needa get myself ready for the hard times to come, im gonna go beyond my limits...

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That reminds me of Full Metal Jacket. :p

"What the fuck is that?.....A JELLY DONUT?!?!?!"

Good luck to ya.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yay!!!
    Cool have fun!
    Hope you make it...
    I was actually enlisting but thats another story, well hope hes actually a recruiter :I

15. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

i took the pre test and got a 35 which is average. tuesday i take the real deal. i have to study for it now lol

16. lewis9191

Why make it small. I hate when people do that.
    Its nothing to be ashamed of.

17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

It might be if you're Mexican, who knows?

18. doughboy

doughboy Guest

lol
    jeez... if you want the key to uncover my life than ill make every font big, instead of small from now on :I
    fixed

19. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

what the hell is this?

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

A thread in the RomUlation forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.