1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkman, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkman

darkman Well-Known Member

This was a nice surprise! It took me some work to get back. I had a hard time reading the code that I had to type in. Had to blow the page up a little. Hope everything works out OK. Will it take a while to get everything loaded back up?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Image verification is disabled now, it's way too hard to read, thought I had already done it.

Anyway it will take a little while to get everything uploaded again, luckily Loony had most of the larger systems backed up, and since he has a faster connection than me it won't take quite as long as it did the last time.

In fact, I just added a large batch of all his uploads.

3. Julspower

Julspower Well-Known Member

oh my god
    ill repost psx game as soon as the trade section is back

4. Julspower

where is all the karma gone to?

5. Seph

sadly, everything went down the drain, and I had of course forgot to arrange for backups of the database, luckily though the downloads were handled.

6. darkman

I guess we will all have to remember what we said in each of our posts and discuss it all over again. Sort-of like a time loop. A deja voo.

7. Seph

haha or we could become really original again. :p

This time we will arrange for backups on a daily basis too.

8. Patton

Patton Guest

Yes,
    We will definantly do daily backup, and DB backups.

-Jarrett

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

All systems I had backed up are now restored, and there was only a few I didn't have (Atari 2600, Thompson MO5 - backup was corrupt, Atari 5200, Sega GameGear, GBX, Fairchild alias Zircon channel F - got missed somehow), but Seph had those.

10. Julspower

and its déjà vu not deja voo :D

11. Loonylion

it could be counted as deja vu, but not a time loop until its happened 3 or 4 times, which it better not >.<

12. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

There goes all my karma... snif.

Btw, is the forum going to get more categories any time soon?

13. Seph

yeah... when I get some time to do it. Lots of stuff on my todo list.

14. darkman

aaaahhh....... but you may not remember doing it the third or forth time. You just get that deja voo vu feeling. How do you know that all this has not happened before?

Any way, I am glad that everything is going to and is returning to normal.

15. Loonylion

Because my crystal ball says it hasnt :p

16. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Wow! I didn't know we have another "Global Moderator" in the house besides Reider Elymasti. I don't think I've ever seen Julspower online in all my years here. Thanks Devon! For linking this ancient topic. :p

One other thing; OMG! I feel like Michael J. Fox from Back to the Future visiting the Paleolithic period in RomUlation's history. (Oops! I just became the first person to necro the oldest topic in this forum. Yay! 8) )

17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

We may as well just allow necroposting from now on. This is dumb.

18. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

In fact I think Seph did mention it to the.big.lebouch the rules he made no longer necessary, or something along that line of discussion between them just a few days ago.

19. Loonylion

no, he didn't. He said the proper English rule is no longer as strictly enforced. All other rules still apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.