1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm back... and I need helpw with making a partition in my Hdd

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Dec 7, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

First off hi everybody.. I think ill just get the walk of shame thing over with T_T. Im doing good and i go off to college next year yay.. not really. Im not really liking this adult life thing. If only i could... nevermind that too off topic.

I finally decided to get a external HDD for my wii and i dont want it to be exclusively for my wii. I want to be able to store videos and music as well. Can someone tell me how to create a partition in my HDD? thanks... I started to go to google but it just didnt feel right...

2. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

if you are a windows user, i'd recommend the following software : Paragon Partition Managerâ„¢ 2010 Free Edition, is very intuitive, and it has a very user friendly GUI.

In the rare case that you were a Linux user, I've heard and read that Gparted is a very good piece of software. I recall reading that it also works on windows.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Linux users are far from rare.

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

Re: I\'m back... and I need helpw with making a partition in my Hdd

actually you can just insert your windows disc and boot it up. it includes an HDD partition option
    Post Merge: [time]1291880288[/time]
    well windows 7 at least. I'm not so sure about the older OS's

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Mini Partition WizHome (free) or Norton Partition Magic (buy licence or use trialware)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

windows itself can partition hard disks. right click 'my computer' and go to 'manage', then select 'disk management'

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

ah I think I'm getting rusty with PC's. I used that menu to disable devices connected to my computer like USB's and such. until I noticed safety removal on the toolbar