1. This forum is in read-only mode.

If there is no 3DS emulator....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That guy in the Corner, Jun 9, 2013.

1. That guy in the Corner

That guy in the Corner Active Member

Then why do people ask for 3DS ROMs? There Is no way to try them on a physical 3DS is there? or am I missing something here?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Well, just recently, the Gateway 3DS was announced.
    And that apparently allows people to play 3DS ROMs on their 3DS.

Also, some people just have them for collection purposes.
    I've got the full collection of all the releases, and I don't even have a 3DS. :p

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The Gateway 3DS allegedly allows people to play *one* ROM at a time, and when you change the game all your save data from the old game will be erased. It's an interesting device, but it's more like a proof of concept than an actual commercial product.

4. That guy in the Corner

That guy in the Corner Active Member

It's an interesting idea at the very least, gives people a chance to play the game and see if they like it before they buy it, kinda like a Demo system, something Handhelds have lacked for quite awhile (at least to my knowledge).

I WOULD like to see a working 3DS emulator though, it would be nice. Does anyone know what is holding it's creation back? surly it's not the 3D aspect, that does not seem like something that should matter much in a Emulator.

5. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

As far as I know it's the hardware/software of the 3DS (bios, firmware, etc) that can not be emulated.