1. This forum is in read-only mode.

If I wanted to buy a new PSP, would I be able to use a flashcart with it?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by futuremilf2, Sep 22, 2010.

1. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

I really have been thinking about getting a PSP a lot lately, but I seem to remember reading that the last release had mega security that didn't allow flash carts. Has that changed? If so, is it a lot more complicated than a DS cart? I'm not the greatest where technical things are concerned...

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

first - PSPs dont use flashcarts. they use a flashing method to be able to use custom firmware (similar to WIIs)
    Second - the only hackeable PSPs out are the PSP 1000 and some PSP 2000, depends on the motherboard they have.
    Third - In these two psp models, the official firmware has been sort of a problem, you have to downgrade the psp if its in some high firmware that requires this to put CFW

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If it's above 5.03, then you need a Jigkick battery and an MMS (Magic Memory Stick, just a normal Memstick that has special files on it to flash the PSP with) to make a complete Pandora Battery.

4. iluvfupaburgers

you can create a pandora battery with your regular battery though, without jigkick, but using a homebrew

5. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

So is that a no then? If it's a yes, how hard is it to do?

6. iluvfupaburgers

it is harder than ds, but there are really good tutorials on how to do it, i was a total noob when i hacked my psp

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think everyone is.

It's very easy.
    All you need to do is transfer some files over to your Memstick with a program like PSPGrader, shut it off, pop in the Jigkick, and see if the installer starts up while holding in L or whatever button you chose.

Then, just install your CFW and update to the latest which is GEN-D3 and then to Prometheus-2.

8. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

And this can be done with the newest one I would get at a store now?

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Probably not since the newest i think is 3.0 which i don't think can be hacked

you can find CFW psp's on ebay though

10. iluvfupaburgers

no, i doesnt work on the newer models, or PSP 3000 / PSP GO

11. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

So if I got a used one, what exactly would I be looking for? Thanks you guys for taking the time to help me out with this too.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You are sure to be able to hack a 1000. 2000s are iffies unless you buy the Daxter - Ice Silver edition PSP or the Star Wars Darth Vader edition PSP, then those are fully hackable for sure.

13. iluvfupaburgers

[​IMG]
    at the end it says PSP2000, check for this, it has to say either PSP1000 or PSP2000
    just to be sure, get psp1000

14. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

So are those the very first ones?

15. iluvfupaburgers

PSP1000 series? yes, those are the first models, those are the also called "PSP Fat" because are fatter then psp 2000 or psp 3000. the PSP 1000 is fully hackable

16. futuremilf2

futuremilf2 Member

Well I thought that I would take a peek on craigslist real quick and there is a guy selling a silver 2000 one that is already modded and set up for $100. Hm.... That is so tempting, especially having all the technical crap done for me. I think I am going to send him and email. Thanks again for all of your help. I've kind of wanted one for a while but the newest KH release just pushed me right over the edge!

17. iluvfupaburgers

good luck on that psp

18. koukisthebest

koukisthebest Active Member

I got psp 3004 and i need to hack it i got any chance or no ?

19. iluvfupaburgers

no man, sorry

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nope.