1. This forum is in read-only mode.

If I have a downloaded game (not ds games)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trinitymanson, Jun 2, 2010.

1. trinitymanson

trinitymanson Member

can I put it onto disc?

I am with a site that you buy a PC game and then you download it direct from the site. I tired to open the containing folder but it wont let me do it. It's just that I don't want my laptop overloaded with games. I want to put the games onto disc or transferred onto an external hard drive.

Can anyone help? I am presuming there is a way to do it and I am just having an idiotic moment (I hope so anyway).

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Where exactly did you download this game? Is it from STEAM? Also, what are the extensions of the files that are being downloaded? Is it just one single file for one game, or many files?

You need to give us those details.

3. trinitymanson

trinitymanson Member

Sorry about not including the information. I wasn't sure what would be needed. Most PC stuff just goes over my head, it's not something I know very well.

The games are from Gamehouse, there is more than one file for each game.

Do I need to give all the extensions for all the files in each one?

4. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

A screenshot of the game directory's contents will do.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried copying one of the games onto a flash drive and tried running it from there?

5. trinitymanson

trinitymanson Member

I tried copying the games onto my external hard drive but it comes up with a message saying some of the properties cannot be transferred.

[​IMG]

Out of interest, is Steam any good?

6. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

I've got bad news. You cannot copy Gamehouse games or transfer them over to another computer as the games are connected to the Gamehouse site. That means if you want to uninstall and then replay them again or transfer over to another machine, you will have to purchase them again. Gamehouse has a crappy purchasing system, and it seems as of right now, you're stuck.

The only way out of this is to find cracked versions of those games, which will be tedious to find.

Steam is a different gaming service that serves different games, like Left 4 Dead, and Team Fortress.

7. akura123

akura123 Member

have you tried just copy and pasting then deleting afterwords? try that instead of cut and paste