1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"ICS Monitoring Team" - Email

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tracey_raye, Sep 12, 2008.

1. tracey_raye

tracey_raye Active Member

I recieved this e-mail today and wondered if anyone else has had one and if I should take any notice of it? (I have never heard of these people before.. also notice all the typo's...and I'm definately NOT going to open the attachment) :

To: Client

Your internet access is going to get suspended

The Internet Service Provider Consorcium was made to protect the rights of software authors, artists.
    We conduct regular wiretapping on our networks, to monitor criminal acts.

We are aware of your illegal activities on the internet wich were originating from

You can check the report of your activities in the past 6 month that we have attached. We strongly advise you to stop your activities regarding the illegal downloading of copyrighted material of your internet access will be suspended.

Sincerely
    ICS Monitoring Team

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

From what I've read, its basically got a virus attached to it.

I'd highly recommend deleting that, although I doubt you really need me to say that. :p

Retarded message anyways since its saying its going to cut your access and then its saying if you keep doing it, its going to cut it like the first part didn't exist.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

always look at the email address.

Not .gov?
    Not the email that your ISP has?

No problem.

@fanimation.com sounds totally not legit so there ya go.

also, if they wanted to suspend your shit, they would send you a formal letter, not an email.

It's also called a Cease and Desist (C&D) order.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fake, no doubt at all. I got one years ago.