1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I was just wondering...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skullkid700, Nov 22, 2009.

1. skullkid700

skullkid700 New Member

People like Xenophobia, Bahamut, and Suxxors, how do they get the roms? Like, do they buy all of the games? Or, do they work at a game store and they just rip 'em and put them back on the shelves? I've always wondered this.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well, While I'm not to sure, it could be ethier.

In order to not get sued I guess if they get caught out they would be smart enough to own the game they are dumping.

In some coutries you can dump games, as long as it's legally owned by you.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

They get their hands on a game, either by purchasing it or by knowing someone who has purchased it.

Sometimes users on these forums provide the copies of the games.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm attempting too, but everything comes out late to australia :(

And the only game I have romU doesn't have is not gonna be hosted because it's the same as the (U) release...

Ridge racer ds...what a shame.

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

They often buy and they also have people in stores, occasionally they have contact with insiders in game developing and/or in publishing. Sometime games are purposely leaked by devs/distributors to drum up some publicity when faced by poor or no advertising. As TrithRR says there are occasional independent game dumps, sadly these often get gobbled up by release groups as the independent dumper rarely has the ability to access the non-internet channels that new dumps are spread through.

Romulation can help you get a new dump on the scene. But remember this and know that Romulation is not about helping piracy, it is here as an aid to those who wish to try games before they buy them. Be nice to good games.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you do have a game that isn't dumped that you want to get released, contact Seph. He has the connections to get the game out where it needs to be.

7. kimvamp

kimvamp Well-Known Member

What is game dumping,I've never heard of it?