1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i was just wondering

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hotshot19902003, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotshot19902003

hotshot19902003 New Member

i just heard about the R4 and all it's glory, and I'm still trying to figure out what i need to make everything work. simple stuff like, do i need emulators to play Roms from a diff system? what do i need to convert my audio/video files to? and whats the diff between ROM and ISO?
    i appreciate the help

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, you'll need emulators for the systems that can be run.

Audio/Video, use Moonshell to play (built into R4 firmware), convert video to nds mpeg format .dpg, with SUPER converter, or BatchDPG, Audio can be left alone, as long as it's mp3 etc.
    More information on Moonshell can be found at the Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell

ROM is the data in an image, or a class of storage which has been extracted generally from a solid state media (cartridge). ISO is the same, an archive or disk image taken from an optical disc.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Also, the R4 is no longer glory, it was 2 years ago, but now it's old, outdated, and a lot of work to make things function properly. If you have money then get a CycloDS, if you'd rather save $20 then get an Acekard instead, you'll be much happier with either of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.