1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i touch ds help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by killer69, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killer69

killer69 Well-Known Member

hei, recently my i touch ds wont load. when i turn on my ds, the nintendo screen comes up and then it just went black screen and the usual i touch ds menu screen doesn't load up. i took the card out and reinsert it and sometimes it loads up and sometimes it doesn't. once i had to try like 5 times b4 it started working. is the chip dying? i have the latest firmware for my i touch ds which is 3.2b. can someone help?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try starting fresh. Backup your files, format the card, load a fresh copy of the latest firmware, and restore your backed up games and saves.

Make sure everything is snug (your microSD and your card) and make sure nothing is dirty or oily.

3. killer69

my brother just showed me that when turning on the ds, push the i touch card down a bit and hold it until the menu comes up and it works that way everytime i turn on the ds but i dont want to do this all the time. is there another solution that will fix it once and for all?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

In the stage of ejecting it? o_O Try Tirith's instructions.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like the card doesn't fit snug enough in the slot to make full contact. Some cards are just not built close enough to the correct size to work 100%

I've heard of people opening up their cards and adding strips of paper to "buff" them up a bit. Maybe you could slide a small piece of paper carefully in the slot along with the card to simulate the actions that holding it down in place does.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You need help if you touch your ds like that..

Try the good 'ole blow the cartridge and the ds to make sure there's no dust or anything
    Make sure the card is okay with good firmware and maybe try reformatting it?

7. killer69

i already tried formatting the card and it still has the same problem. the only way is still by applying pressure to the card while its loading. also tried blowing the card and then reinserting it but still same problem. : (

8. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

I've heard of people opening up their cards and adding strips of paper to "buff" them up a bit. Maybe you could slide a small piece of paper carefully in the slot along with the card to simulate the actions that holding it down in place does.
    [/quote]

I do this. It works great with the r4. Im not sure about other flashcarts though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.