1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i think my psp is bricked I NEED HELP (HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!!)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lugia543, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

just today my psp won't turn on because of low bat.... or so i thought.
    I started charging my psp and after charging still won't turn on. tried turning it on while charging and it worked but the black screen of death appears and it will only turn off if i remove the battery. I tried it again this time holding down the R button and it managed to make it there so i exited it and the psp went to the normal menu just like it always would but when i remove the charger, turns off automatically. is there some kind of program to remove this problem? i was thinking of deleting kurok because it only happened a few days after i got that homebrew.

EDIT: I don't want to get a pandora battery because i have no money at all and my dad is the type of dad who always says "if it's dead it's dead" he doesn't like spending money to fix a psp so plz help

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think your battery may be dead, rather than your PSP being bricked. You got it to boot normally, but then the black screen came (it turned off). And then you got it to boot up again, but it turned off as soon as you unplugged the charger.

Try a new battery first, not a Pandora battery just a normal battery.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Deary me,my son gets £50 a week pocket money and he's almost ten.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

what the... ill get €3,- in the week, and i AM 10

5. TirithRR

Your son is spoiled. Really, there is no reason for a child to get that much pocket money at that age. Hell, that's more money than what I carry around as an adult. A kid might need a few dollars for milk or something at school throughout the week, but that's it. Giving him that much as such a young age is going to make him not appreciate money when he gets older.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

agreed, I was getting 50 pence a week at that age.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All I got was $5 AUD...

And a pension when I turned 15 :)

(Which I'm now off-other people actually need it...)

Back ON topic, what brand battery was this?

I'd suggest if it's replaced, get an official one-I hate unofficial rubbish-always wear quicker (ds/gbasp batts always died-so I stick to official products)

8. TirithRR

Yes, the only bad part is the real battery costs a lot more than the pandora battery. So his dad might be a little reluctant to purchase one. But it likely is the battery at fault, so don't let him throw out your PSP, since it's much more valuable than a battery.

9. yoshi2889

i want €50,- too! can i buy a M3i-Zero, because my r4i-upgrade isnt working anymore on dsi v. 1.04!

10. OGTiago

OGTiago Active Member

Lol, £50 a week for your son.

Some people work, pay all their bills, then only have £50 to spend a week.

11. yoshi2889

yeah, thats right! (1. im just 10, 2. we do not HAVE the money, 3. you do that not, 4. why is he doing?)

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If you know someone else with a PSP, you could always borrow their battery for a few minutes just to prove it is indeed the battery at fault.

13. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL Tirith,hes spoiled now mate,doesnt appreciate anything and always wants more-but thats because of his disability.When I was a kid the family car was a 3-wheeler,complete joke-but now Ive 2 good motors.The bairn wants me to buy him an X-BOX360 just so he can play Spongebob Underpants Slam as he doesnt understand theres not a NDS rom for his DSlite.But he has a Wii coming for Christmas.

So Tirrith,I'll have a few questions in January about modding a Wii console LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.