1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I think I made a mistake...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cokenut0611, May 10, 2010.

1. cokenut0611

cokenut0611 Member

I have an original R4 card and I had used the original kernal found on the R4 site. Then I wanted to update to play newer games. I updated to Wood R4 and the new iron man 2 worked fine. My duaghter wanted an theme on there so I put one on and read in a tutorial to go to the start menu within the ds. Did that and everything froze. After a couple of tries I just tried to go back to 1.34 and now I get stuck on the loading screen. That's all it does now. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

i herd of this before. it might just be the theme that you put. here is what i would do to fix.

take the games off the sdhc card then when you got the game reformat the card. ad the r4 frame ware and then but woods frame ware. you cant put a theme becaues it wont be compatable for some reasone

3. cokenut0611

cokenut0611 Member

I don't know what r4 frame ware or wood frame ware is...

4. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

He means Firmware i believe.
    AKA just format the card (backing up the games/saves), and then reinstall Wood and place your games back onto the card.

5. cokenut0611

cokenut0611 Member

Thanks for the help guys but I found another solution. I just took everything off the card except the games file. I went all the way back to the 1.13 R4 kernal and then added what I needed from 1.34. And it works now. I may try wood R4 later. My daughter likes her New Moon theme which she can only get with the older version. LOL... :) Thanks again for the help.

6. dancedanceyo

dancedanceyo Active Member

one wood r4 you should be using an acekard skin, not an r4 one

7. adfk

adfk Well-Known Member

when u say upgraded does that mean bought a new one or downloaded something off the net? coz i could really use something like that, to play iron man 2.