1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I Survived! (kind of)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MangaRx, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

Hi I'm back! Hospital, don't like it, gonna try and stay out of it as much as possible! It wasn't that good with my trauma acting up again. Can't remember anything after Waiting Room and worst of all, I COULDN'T GET TO SLEEP! I've decided that surgery may be bad but the worst thing is RECOVERY! WHEN YOU GET ROOMED UP WITH A 4 YEAR OLD AND A 3 YEAR OLD THAT CRY WHEN THERE NOT SLEEPING IT AFFECTS YOUR SLEEP! In the 2 nights I was there I only got about 6 hours sleep combined! The food was good though......

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Surgery...?
    I had it once...
    I felt so tired when I woke up :(

3. g9672001

g9672001 New Member

Gratz, have a cookie! :]

4. MangaRx

Thanks!

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The Nurse?

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Really, the recovery room was that bad?

Ever recovery room I've been in was relatively quiet. Although the one time my husband got rushed into the hospital, I was the one making the loudest noise... :\

I think the best part of surgery is anaesthetic (if you're not allergic to it, of course). When I went in for my wisdom teeth they said it'd take about 10 seconds, I didn't think it was literally. So cool though. "Count to ten"

'1, 2, 3, 4......' KO

Felt it all the way going up my arm.

There's a lot worse things you could of gone in for surgery too. When my hubby was young, he had to get tested for meningitus, the only way they can find out if someone has it is through spinal tap. He had to get a spinal tap when he was 7 or 8 or so, you also can't be under for that either. He doesn't remember it at all because of the trauma, but his mom and dad have told him and me about it.

7. meganova

What happen if under?

8. MangaRx

I can't even remember the anesthetic, I had pre-med

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They can't get your spinal fluid if you're under anaesthetic.

10. meganova

I see.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

the food was good?

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

maybe, when you're allowed it. One time I went in for an operation, and you're not allowed food for several hours prior to the operation. Anyway, for one reason or another my operation kept getting delayed. so, I'd had lunch the previous day before I went into hospital, and stayed in hospital overnight. I was not allowed dinner or breakfast, and in the end, I didn't go into theatre until late evening. When they eventually came to take me to the theatre, I said 'I could have had breakfast and lunch after all' and the response was 'yes, sorry. We didn't know you wouldn't be able to get in until now.'. Then when I came out I wasn't allowed to eat either.

13. Ryoslide

Ryoslide Well-Known Member

Did ya steal some rubber gloves?

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh..that sucks :(

I hate being mucked around by doctors...

15. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me.

I went in to hospital with Appendicitis when I was 10 I think it was. Got to hospital at about 8am, and was told I was going in for surgery at mid day. Gets to 12, and they say "Oh, it'll be a few more hours actually".

Kept getting delayed, and I FINALLY go in for surgery at 11pm. Almost 12 hours after they said. All that time, it was "Sorry, you can't eat before surgery".

Hospital sucks. Luckily I've only had to go there twice in my life. First time for Appendicitis, second time was for facial cellulitis.

16. MangaRx

No

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I think you can't eat around 6 hours before surgery.

18. MangaRx

surgery at 2 pm can't eat after 7 am