1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I screwed my order up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigh-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Nagaru-Tanigawa/dp/0316038792/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285827972&sr=1-2
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melancholy-Haruhi-Suzumiya-v/dp/0759529442/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1285826625&sr=1-1

So I got the Paperback versions of these two books. The main difference I saw was the front cover. But since it's Paperback, I thought I'd get the NOVEL. But instead, I got the MANGA for Volume 1.
    So basically, I screwed myself up. It came in a Royal Mail box with no seal wrap or anything, so I won't get my refund. Is there any way to contact Amazon to help me in this?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Find the contact customer service link (especially if you ordered straight from Amazon) and see if you can iron it out. You'll need your order number and such, so make sure you didn't delete your email order confirmation.

3. Stanley Richards

I never did. How helpful is the Amazon Customer Service?

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Fairly helpful.

5. Stanley Richards

I sent a complain, and guess what. Their sending me THE SAME BOOK FOR FREE. It's good I'm getting free stuff, but why does it have to be the same book? I wish to get a refund/swap.

6. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You can request a return for a refund, but you will likely have to pay the shipping costs yourself.

Click on "Your Account" on the top right of Amazon's site after you log in. Then click on "Your Orders". Find the order in which you want to return the items in, and on the corresponding "Available Actions", click on "Return Order". You should be able to return the select items for a refund.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Amazon is very forgiving when it comes to returns and refunds.

I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII, but then it took longer to get to me than expected, so I bought it the day of the release at Wal-Mart. When the package arrived at my house, I sent amazon an email with all the information, asked for a refund, the next day they sent me the info to return it. Without even opening the box I printed out the return UPS label, placed it on the box overtop the original label, and mailed it out free of charge. When the package got back to Amazon, they credited my card with the cost of the item. The only reason I put down for the return was "I found a better price somewhere else".

I had to eat the original shipping cost, but the label they emailed me for the UPS shipment was pre-paid.

8. Stanley Richards

Not sure if returning the item is worth it, because their already giving me another one and I don't think I'll get that much back because of the shipping costs.

9. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Sell one copy on EBay (make the buyer pay for shipping costs) and return the other for a refund.

10. Stanley Richards

I'll think about it. Thank you.